Thread: Issues opening Excel, Word and Powerpoint

Issues opening Excel, Word and Powerpoint

hi, i have Motherboard: ASUS M4A79T Deluxe,Video card: A 7600 gt manufactured by pny,Ram: 4 corsair cmx512 [512mb],Powersupply: Raidmax atx12v,I cant be sure about the cpu, all I know is that it's made by amd.when i try to file in Micrsoft office,power point,excel it gives an message : Starting Excel in safe mode will help you correct or isolate a startup problem in order to successfully start the program. Some functionality may be disabled in this mode.Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Re: Issues opening Excel, Word and Powerpoint

hi,
    Try starting in Safe mode, unchecking all installed add-ins in the Tools-addins menu, then close and restart Excel normally and see if you still get the error. If so, check both your XLSTART directories and move any files out of them temporarily.

This error message is encountered during the Outlook check for consistency problems. The application attempts to fix the issue or most probably separates it with problematic add-ins and extensions turned off.If you choose to start Outlook in safe mode, then all the tricky add-ins or extensions get disabled. The problem could also be some corrupted resource, registry or template which can corrupt the PST in the harshest instances. Refusing to safe mode start should be made in cases when you are dead sure that no unexpected shutdown was there ever as then Outlook will not disable anything.

hi,
    I had the same problem. The offending file is part of the Efax Messenger software. I removed the Efax software via 'Add & Remove Programs' and Excel now runs without a hitch.