Thread: How to add soft subtitles to a DivX movie

How to add soft subtitles to a DivX movie

Hi friends,

I want to add soft subtitles video to DivX movie. I have tried to find out on the internet but was not able to find a good solution.Can anyone help me out with this isssue it would be great for me.Thanks in Advance.

Following are my PC Configuration:-

Intel Dual core 2.66 Ghz
    915 MSI Motherboard with Intel chipset
    512 mb RAM
    80gb HDD

Re: How to add soft subtitles to a DivX movie

Sure i will help you out with this issue try to add soft subtitle by putting it all into a matroska container(.mkv) and use a program like mkvtoolnix to add subtitles.

I have tried to use the software but this format doesn't worked on DVD Players.Can anyone provide me with a solution where i can add my soft subtitle to Divx and can also play in DVD Player too.

Sure i till help you out with this issue try to follow below steps:-

1. First copy the AVI movie file and the subtitle file to a folder. The subtitle has to be in the SRT format. If it’s not, use Subtitle Workshop to convert it into SRT.
    2. Rename both the AVI movie and the SRT file with the same name. For example, movie.avi and movie.srt.
    3. Now open AVIAddXSubs and select the video file. You can also drag the video file to the program’s executable without launching the program.

4. Each of these AVI files should have a similarly named SRT file. Additionally, you can add up to 8 different subtitles to the same video file.

5. Customize the font size and other parameters of the subtitle by clicking on the configuration tab.

6. Click Create and you get a DivX file within a few minutes. AVIAddXSubs does not re-encode the entire video file – the subtitles are inserted in the AVI as an additional stream and work the same way as the subtitles offered in normal DVDs.

7. The resulting DivX file is capable of playing on a DivX player and no additional subtitle file is required. Simply turn on subtitles on the player to enjoy it.