Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows Media Player won't play WMV files

Windows Software

Old 18-02-2009

Windows Media Player won't play WMV files

Hi,
My windows media player will plays mpeg files, but not .wmv file. When i try to play a .wmv file with VLC player, it plays the audio but the video is just black. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling windows media player, and also installing the newest version, but nothing works. It gives the message "Windows Media Player cannot access the file. BTW i'm using windows Vista.
Please help me. thanks for any.

Old 18-02-2009

Re: Windows Media Player won't play WMV files

I would reinstall WMP11.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...1/default.aspx

or if that doesn't work, If you install this codec package for vista, I believe you will be able to play the files.

Good luck
Old 18-02-2009

try this . after searching a while I found a fix that acutally worked You go to : Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Sound and then something should pop up saying certain enhancements are interfering with something Terminate the program? Click yes and your problem should be solved'
Old 18-02-2009

i would recommend the CCCP pack for vista:
http://www.cccp-project.net/

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , ,