Thread: Microsoft Project Formula

Microsoft Project Formula

I have set up a project, containing a number field, which relates to the day that I would like work to start on, i.e. job 1 starts on day 1, job 2 starts on day 5 etc. Is there a formula that will automatically relate this data to the project start date, and the project calendar to produce a start 'date' for the job ?

Re: Microsoft Project Formula

By default, tasks are scheduled based on the project calendar. To define unique or specific exceptions, such as machinery that runs during nonworking time, you can create a task calendar for individual tasks.

1. On the Tools menu, click Change Working Time

2. Click New

Note
      If you're connected to Microsoft Office Project Server 2003, you must have permissions to create local base calendars. See your Project Server administrator (administrator: Sets up and manages user accounts, assigns permissions, and helps users with network or server access issues. This person can also manage and customize various elements in Project Professional and in Project Server.) about permissions settings.

3. In the Name box, type a name for your new calendar.

4. To begin with a default calendar, click Create new base calendar

To create a new base calendar based on an existing calendar, click Make a copy of, and then click the calendar name in the calendar box.

5. Click OK

6. To select adjacent days on the calendar, hold down SHIFT, and then click the first and last days you want.

To select nonadjacent days on the calendar, hold down CTRL, and then click the the days you want.

To change a day of the week for the entire calendar, click the abbreviation for the day in the top row of the calendar.

7. Under Set selected date(s) to, click Use default, Nonworking time, or Nondefault working time

8. To change Nondefault working time, type the times you want work to start in the From boxes and the times you want work to end in the To boxes.

Note
      After you create a base calendar, you need to assign that calendar to a task.

Re: Microsoft Project Formula

Thanks for the response, I think I may have confused us both.
    My project starts on the 5th january 2009, using our own calendar, therfore day 1 is the 5th jan, and to use a base line, day 75 should be 22nd april 2009. I have customised the 'duration10' field, which has been converted from a number field to show days, so that the number 75 in the number field also shows as 75days in duration 10. I have then used a customised start field and tried 2 formulas to work out what day 75 should be, formulas tried were:

Project start date + Number 20 ( date returned was the 21st march )

Project start date + Duration 10 ( errors returned )

Help ???!!!!