Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 18-02-2009

ohmy Application error in iexplore.exe

Hey Guys,

I'm having a problem while opening my internet explorer, i get continuously iexplore.exe application error whenever i try to open my web browser. It shows me the following instruction "0x0792c88c" referenced memory at "0x0792c88c". The memory could not be "read". I don't understand why this problem occurs on my pc whenever i try to access my internet. Can any one help me out to resolve this issue? Any help on it would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Old 18-02-2009

Re: Application error in iexplore.exe

Sometimes these kind of errors can be a sign of a spyware infection or problem with plugin confliction. It may be an idea to run some scans to check for any infections and maybe even try running IE without any addons to see if that solves the problem.
Old 18-02-2009

Windows may not respond when you try to open or close a folder by using Windows Explorer. When this occurs, you may be able to restart Explorer.exe to cause Windows Explorer to work correctly again. To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Microsoft Windows XP.
Old 18-02-2009

Try the following, with the Windows XP CD-ROM in the cd rom drive reboot the computer and boot from the cd, then once asked choose to use the recovery console. Once in the recovery console type chkdsk /f and hit enter. Once chkdsk is done running reboot normally into windows. If the problem is still there then click start->run and type sfc /scannow and hit enter. Once this is done reboot once again and see if you get the same iexplore application error.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: