Thread: Importing DBX files into Outlook 2007

Importing DBX files into Outlook 2007

I was wondering if anyone can instruct me on how I can import my .dbx files from outlook express (Win XP) to Outlook 2007 (Vista 64bit)? I've tried using the help instructions to no avail. I've tried copying the .dbx files to my new laptop (with Vista) under the Outlook Directory again to no avail.

Anyone know how I can do this short of forwarding everything back to myself?

Re: Importing DBX files into Outlook 2007

To import OE data, both OE and OL would have to be installed. Such cannot be the case in Vista.

1. Back-up and import the data into Windows Mail first

2. Then /export/ the data *from* Windows Mail to Outlook. Do NOT import the Windows Mail data *into* Outlook! (Think about it, there's a difference.)

THIS IS AN ADDITION TO MY OWN QUESTION.
    Regarding moving OE Compressed files. It might be possible that Outlook 2007 can Import AND UNCOMPRESS OE compressed email files. (i.e they do NOT need to be first Uncompressed on the XP PC). Example (COMPLETELY HYPOTHETICAL !!). The compressed emails are in Compressed.dbx, Outlook 2007 can Import those and Uncompress them and ALSO PUT THEM INTO THE SUBFOLDERS THEY WERE IN.

However, if you are NOT SURE about this, then do not provide that answer. Sure that solution would "make sense" but that does not mean that Outlook 2007 actually does that.

Transfer your mail from OE to Windows Mail as below:

Copy ALL the mail files from OE (including the one called Folders.dbx) and paste them into a folder you have created on your new machine, to which you have read/write permissions. A folder within your Documents folder would seem to be the best place.

Then in Windows Mail, do File-Import-Messages, highlight Microsoft Outlook Express, and click next.
    Make sure that "Import from an OE6 Store directory is checked, (that's why you need to copy the folders.dbx file, because that tells WM the folder is an OE message store) and click on OK. Browse to the folder you created.

Then export your mail from Windows Mail to Outlook.

bkfexchangerepair01 Guest

SysInfoTools Email Converter tool

Hello buddies, by using Email Converter tool from SysInfoTools one can easily change e-mail platform to another e-mail platform because this tool provides all in one e-mail platform converter facility. It's not only change DBXto PSTbut also change PST, MSG and EML files to DBX, EML, PST, RTF, MSG and HTML file format. By having this tool, anyone can feel quite a relax because to change any e-mail platform to your known e-mail platform is so simple now
    Last edited by Maqbool; 06-09-2011 at 07:49 AM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Removed The Same.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude01 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone can instruct me on how I can import my .dbx files from outlook express (Win XP) to Outlook 2007 (Vista 64bit)? I've tried using the help instructions to no avail. I've tried copying the .dbx files to my new laptop (with Vista) under the Outlook Directory again to no avail.

Anyone know how I can do this short of forwarding everything back to myself?
    Whatever you have done so far, don't mind but that was worthless. You really can't import any emails files like this. This task is just wasting the time. You have to convert the file format of emails if you wish to import them in other email accounts. Like you wish to import your DBX files from Outlook Express to MS Outlook in PST file format, then you have to convert DBX files into PST files. Then only it can be done otherwise no results.
    You can use email converter of sysinfo tools to convert those DBX files into PST file format.
    I tried it, it's good.