Thread: Windows 7 ATI Video driver problem

Windows 7 ATI Video driver problem

I am having problems with the ATI Video Driver for Windows 7.
    I'm running a laptop, and can't get the screen res above 1024x768, I've tried lastest ATI vista drivers and the ATI windows 7 pre-release driver without luck. I will put windows xp back if there isnt a solution for this but lets just hope so there is. Thanks in advance
    "Freely you have received, freely give." -- Jesus Christ

Re: Windows 7 ATI Video driver problem

I got a solution for this.

I had a WINDOWS XP CD and installed windows that way then got the internet and normal windows apps i use which is like aim and stupid stuff but mostly i just did this

** ... Started windows XP ...

put in the WINDOWS 7 disk into the drive WHILE RUNNING WINDOWS XP!!!!!!!!!!!! and started to install WITH UPDATES!!!!!

then..... i just let it restart the computer on its own and it just went on like it was doing a Recovery normally BUT the one thing i did was NOT UPGRADE THE WINDOWS...

when i was finished with the installation i had video drivers and Sound witch normally i didnt! so it did it all for me XD

now my monitor is fully used with a 1680x1050 resolution with my DVI cable witch makes me a happy camper so if u need another run down this is what i did...

1. installed windows XP
    2. installed video drivers for XP and other things u think u might need like sound drivers.
    3. Restarted windows XP
    4. makes sure everything is running correctly
    5. put in the WINDOWS 7 disk (that i made) into the CD drive
    6. Started the windows 7 installation disk WITH UPDATES.( it will ask if u want to install with updates DO IT
    7. let the computer Restart and install normally like it would if u restarted the computer LOADING FROM INSTALLATION DISK
    8. wait for windows 7 to load! it worked perfectly with drivers already installed

I REALLY HOPE THIS HELPS ANYONE WITH THE PROBLEM I HAD! and for those of you that have the same problem if u dont have a XP CD and have vista im pretty sure it will work the same way! GOOD LUCK

If you’re using the PDC release of Windows 7 with an ATI display adapter, you might want to check out this preview driver package. I’ve installed it here on a system running a Radeon HD 2600 XT and it appears to be working fine.

I strongly recommend reading the release notes first. In particular, note that the AVIVO converter is disabled (which means you’ll get an error message after setup if you choose that option). Also, there are warnings about instability with “certain display configurations,” with a special note that Desktop Window Manager “will become disabled in high resolution and multi-display extended modes.”

It supports only the following GPUs:
    • Radeon™ HD 4000 Series
    • Radeon™ HD 3000 Series
    • Radeon™ HD 2000 Series
    • Mobility Radeon™ HD 4000 Series
    • Mobility Radeon™ HD 3000 Series
    • Mobility Radeon™ HD 2000 Series
    • AMD 780G
    • AMD 780V
    • AMD 790GX

It runs only on Windows 7 (x86 or x64) and should not be installed on Vista.

If you’re still interested after reading the disclaimers, let me know how it works for you.

Windows 7 & Microslave don't support custom graphics cards.
    I have an ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro,and cannot get 1024x768 resolution.
    My monitor goes blank and says out of signal range.

May be its because your monitor is set to 1:1 pixel mapping, and it's respecting it. Otherwise its because of you don't have right driver , download the correct driver from ati website and install it for the monitor to work.

hey, seems your display driver is not right or is not the latest.

chk your motherboards brand and model n go to manufacturers website for latest update 4 your display

u can also use some driver updater app. like Driver Detective, Driver Agent or Advanced Driver Optimizer dey will get you the latest updates 4 ur drivers so u dnt hve to search them.

u can try dere trial version to see if dey show updates. I prefer Advanced driver Optimizer as with it I hve to just scan n update all my drivers in single click.

The best part is if it installed incorrect driver then I can roll back using their restore facility.
    Last edited by Maqbool; 29-06-2010 at 02:24 PM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Removed The Same.