Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Hotmail Error : We can't connect to Windows Live Hotmail right now

Windows Software

Old 17-02-2009

Hotmail Error : We can't connect to Windows Live Hotmail right now

Hi,

Unable to access my hotmail email account at all. On Netscape I get a pop-up saying "The web page is being redirected to a new location. Would you like to resend the form data you have typed to the new location?" Clicking Ok and Cancel have the same effect, namely: "We can't connect to Windows Live Hotmail right now. Please try again later."

Same problem if I use Firefox and in IE the whole browser just freezes with a little yellow "Working on your request..." at the bottom left corner. Also, I couldn't change to the full version as recommended by the rest of the internet, because of the same error.

Anyone here with similar problem? Any ideas on what I should do?

Old 17-02-2009

Re: Hotmail Error : We can't connect to Windows Live Hotmail right now

Hi,

Have you tried:

- Disabling a third-party firewall
- Clearing; cache, history and cookies
- Clearing out files that's be cluttering around
- Running a full virus scan
- Doing a barrel roll
- The ultimate 'switch off and on again.

And then Restart.

hope it works !!!
Old 17-02-2009

Re: Hotmail Error : We can't connect to Windows Live Hotmail right now

I have this same problem. It started after I did the "critical security update" for IE 7. IE seems to have the "Antivirus 2009" virus. It pops up windows saying to buy a solution for this. It runs slow, it won't let me run web sites I am developing using Visual Studio 2005. And I can't open an email from my Hotmail account.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: ,