Thread: Convert .mkv to dvd/avi

Convert .mkv to dvd/avi

I am using Windows xp. I have several .mkv file on my computer that I want to convert to a dvd format and I am trying to nero to convert but it is telling me that it does not support that file format.plese can any body tell me how can i convert this files ? thank you.

Re: Convert .mkv to dvd/avi

MKV files are used to store HD video files. and it is an open standard free container format. Install all .MKV codecs and tools.install VirtualdubMod
    Start VirtualdubMod

Demultiplex/Separate video,audio and subtitles and convert audio to mp3
    1. Open the .mkv or .ogm, File->Open video file (If you receive an error read this)
    2. Select Streams->Stream list
    3, 4. Right click on the audio track you want to keep, select Full-Processing
    5. Right click on same audio track again and select Compression
    ok

then
    1. Choose Lame MP3
    2. Select bitrate
    ok

then
    1. Select the audio track you want to keep again
    2. Click Save WAV to convert it to mp3, ignore that it says WAV, save it as track2.mp3
    3. Select the subtitle track
    4. Click Demux to save it as video.srt/sub

then

1. Select File->Save as to save the avi video to a file, the video won't be reconverted
    2. Select Direct Stream Processing
    3. Select avi and save the new video as track1.avi

Multiplex/Join audio and video

1. Open the new created track1.avi, File->Open video file
    2. Select Streams->Stream List
    3. Add the mp3 audio file

then
    1. Select File->Save as to save the avi video and audio, the video and audio won't be reconverted
    2. Select Direct Stream Processing
    3. Select avi and save the new video as video.avi

done

Using mkv2vob is very simple as it is only a matter of choosing the input file and defining the destination folder for the output

1. mkv2vob_usageClick on Source file / Browse and point to your .MKV video file. Rememer to have the matching .SRT subtitle file in the same folder as the video.
    2. Click on the Destination Folder / Browse and point the desired destination for the AVCHD output
    3. Click Add File which adds the file to mkv2vob the queue, immediately processing the 1st file in the queue. As seen on the picture the test file subtitle_test.mkv is AVCHD compliant and only needs to be muxed with the subtitles into the AVCHD format. This process is very fast and takes only couple of minutes.

Burning the AVCHD disc with ImgBurn

After the mkv2vob has completed processing your video files, you will have the following directory structure in your destination folder:

D:\video_file_name\BDMV
    D:\video_file_name\CERTIFICATE

The recording process for AVCHD or Blu-ray disc is not very different from regular DVD recording. In AVCHD / Blu-ray file structure there are two root level folders to record, and the file system must be set to UDF 2.50.

try here for all .mkv conversion and details and get Convert MKV to DVD, DVD to MKV(Matroska Video), MKV Video Converter

amada Guest
    MKV Converter For Mac is an excellent Mac MKV Converter which can perfectly convert MKV to AVI, MPEG, VOB, FLV, MOV and other popular formats with a few clicks on Mac OS .

In addition, this MKV Converter for Mac provides powerful edit functions, such as "trim video" " crop video" "merge into one file", etc.

Moreover, MKV Converter for Mac is very easy, you can finish conversion with just a few clicks. Free download this MKV Converter for Mac and have a try.

MKV Converter is an excellent MKV file converter, which can convert MKV files to many common video formats including avi, mpg, flv, divx and so on perfectly and quickly.

zengc059 Guest
    Although my post is too late, I hope it could be of some help to you, Theo.

What you need is a MKV Converter and I am glad to share this one with you: Pavtube MKV Converter.

It is used to convert MKV to AVI, MP4, MOV, MPEG, MP3, 3GP, etc. compatible with iPod, iPhone, PSP, Zune, etc.

I prefer it as its after-sale service is wonderful.

After I purchased the product, their support center Vivian sent me an email for greeting and providing help, which made me feeling they were always with me. How warm and kind!

So I think when choosing an appropriate program for ourselves, we should consider not only its quality, functions, but also its after-sale service.

By the way, its quality is good and there is no spyware.

Forgot to say, it's not a freeware.
    I think in order to get good quality and good service, I think sometimes we have to pay and I beleive it's worth the money.

Will try the converter and reply back... Hope this works...

I use MelodyCan for all of my video converting needs.
    It the best way to convert mkv to avi)_))

You can use dvd ripping software.They are good, too.