Thread: Download Mozilla Firefox 3.2 Alpha

Download Mozilla Firefox 3.2 Alpha

In the history of Firefox, version 2.0 was not overwhelming, but Firefox 3.0 was largely raised the bar. Mozilla is currently working on the 3.1 version which will be ultimately more than just a trend, given the internal changes planned. But while the work is delayed, Mozilla talking about planned changes for Firefox 3.2.

Firefox 3.1 builds on the improvements ...
    Remember that the version 3.1 of the browser must make many changes and improvements, especially under the hood:

• The new TraceMonkey JavaScript engine
    • A private browsing mode which leaves no trace after a browsing session
    • Various improvements on the Gecko rendering engine to speed up loading of pages
    • New options for erasing the history
    • Improvements in the use of tabs
    • Support for new Web technologies

Maintain the internal mechanics and therefore the performance of Firefox on the front is the priority of version 3.1. What about the 3.2?

... and Firefox 3.2 on features
    Let us start with the inclusion of projects in incubation at Mozilla Labs for a while now. Ubiquity for example, already mentioned, allow the browser to execute simple queries written in natural language to perform actions. "15 Lygon Road map - Edinburgh" or "share on twitter" are examples. Currently available as an extension and to call by CTRL + Space, Ubiquity be integrated directly into the address bar of Firefox.

Next we Prism, whose name is probably more familiar. Available also as an extension, the project will transform a website application. The page in question is extracted and placed in a module that can be launched outside the browser (but using Gecko).

Re: Download Mozilla Firefox 3.2 Alpha

Memory management: always one process
    Customizing Firefox should also change, indicating that Mozilla could change the look of its browser without necessarily downloading themes. Further clarification: Firefox 3.2 is not intended to incorporate a system of different processes: there are still a single process, Firefox, Mozilla considering that memory management is more effective. Mike Connors, architect on Firefox, said that the choice of Google Chrome is reflected in consumption too large for memory. It indicates that a good idea could be found halfway between the two: "bring all the tabs of Gmail in one process" for example.

If you're wondering when this version becomes available, it is difficult to answer because Mozilla does not know either. Currently, the bulk of work is invested in version 3.1, including beta 3 is imminent. If Mike Connors did not think that Firefox 3.2 will be Firefox 4.0, this choice is not ruled out either. It must in any case not expected before the end of the year or spring 2010.

Here the Downloads Links

Firefox 3.1 already works very well. I am a little fearful compared Ubiquity. for the moment I do not hear that well. It remains to be seen, but it seems that there are enormous opportunities not only with the extention. It will I sacrifice extensions or I change my PC.and Yeah, I do not know how the distribution is ... A tab would be the idea that comes to mind of any (good) developer, but perhaps there are reasons that they include multiple tabs in a single thread ...

The idea of a single process is not shocking in itself, even be quite justified. As against is their use of threads that clearly state When I start loading a page, and I open a new tab, and I'm beginning to enter a URL for any freezes for several seconds! One has the impression that the browser is contained in a single thread, monopolized by the renderer, and thus the responsiveness of the browser suffers. In fact, I more often freezes with Fx on Linux (at home) in Windows XP (on taff) as well as the scroll laggue sometimes ... In short, I feel that there is still work to do at this level (although the 3.0 has improved things over Fx 2)

It depends on the heavy stuff. If it is light and the impact on performance is insignificant, both directly into the soft ... Although personally, I am also rather skeptical towards this thing.Mozilla should communicate more about the 3.1. The latest official release schedule referred to in late January 2009 and it is almost mid-February and we learn that beta 3 will be out one of these 4 (and then RC1, 2 & 3 every two months or can be expected have by mid March). It is unfortunate that the Mofo stops as soon take a little late!

Chrome uses a "process" (not a "thread", also known as "thread" where your confusion) tab.The advantage is that the management process is made by the bone, kill will not kill the others ... As against the sharing of resources (memory elements) is less possible with threads (because they all belong to the same process), resulting in overconsumption of memory, which speaks the news elsewhere.