Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2009

Windows Live Messenger version 9 beta 3 installation problem

I never thought it would happen here, but there always a first time. Well my problem is:

Yesterday I downloaded Windows Live Messenger version 9 beta 3, uninstalled the old version and installed this new version. When I went to start, I got an error saying the beta version is not supported. So I went to uninstall it but it was not found in the Programs list, did everything. So I guessed that it was cleared. I went to install the older version, but I could not and it says I already had a more recent, which is not corrected. Now I can not do anything.

I hope some one can solve this problem.
Old 10-02-2009

re: Windows Live Messenger version 9 beta 3 installation problem

Download the installer for Windows Live:

http://download.live.com/

when you download it just click on the msn and ready ...
Old 10-02-2009

Thanks Shen, but I am still having the same problem. It don't start the messenger, they are supposed to install it but do not install anything. What is the problem?
Old 10-02-2009

Try to put it in Disk (C: ) and delete the version 9 beta 3 directly and than install the messenger again. I previously had to do the same thing with Windows Media Player.
Old 10-02-2009

Re: Windows Live Messenger version 9 beta 3 installation problem

You can use the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility to remove installation information for programs that were installed by using Windows Installer. Be aware that Windows Installer CleanUp Utility will not remove the actual program from your computer. However, it will remove the installation files so that you can start the installation, upgrade, or uninstall it.

Download Windows Installer Cleanup Utility.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,