Thread: Windows message: You may be a victim of software counterfeiting

Windows message: You may be a victim of software counterfeiting

hi,
    After an upgrade, the OS gives me the message "You could be the victim of counterfeit software." I tried to restore a system configuration to the previous update, and the message (with the hardships involved: removal the desktop background, awaiting the opening of the SO) has disappeared, but the time to turn off the pc, the system has reinstalled the update. Is there a way to locate the file in order to delete it after you restore a previous configuration to its install?

Thank you.

Re: Windows message: You may be a victim of software counterfeiting

Is there a way to locate the file in order to delete it after you restore a previous configuration to its install?
    If you pay for an operating system is a bad thing, you're lucky: today there are many free ... Ubuntu, for say a coincidence.

After an upgrade, the OS gives me the message "You could be the victim of counterfeit software."
    in fact, is always better to have no counterfeit software, Open Source or Linux.

Disable WGA Notifications:
    • Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrative permissions.
    • Make sure that the WGA Notifications version that exists on the computer is a pilot version. The version format for the pilot version is 1.5.0532.x. In this case, you can uninstall versions 527-532 only. For example, you can uninstall versions that range from 1.5.0527.0 to 1.5.0532.2. To find the WGA Notifications version, follow these steps.
    • Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    • Double-click Add or Remove Programs, click Windows XP - Software, click Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications, and then click Click here for support information.
    • In the Support Info dialog box, verify the version number, and then click Close.
    • Rename the following files by changing the extension to. Old:
    • Rename% Windir% \ system32 \ WgaLogon.dll to% Windir% \ system32 \ WgaLogon.old
    • Rename% Windir% \ system32 \ WgaTray.exe to% Windir% \ system32 \ WgaTray.old
    • Restart the computer.

i had same problem i just turn off Automatic Updates from control panel and also avoid checking the show warnings for automatic updates...
    Control Panel >> security center >> Automatic Updates >> Turn Off and then
    From the security center window >> Change the way Security Center alerts me >> uncheck Automatic Updates.i hope this will slove the problem. othervise reinstall the operating system and turn off the automatic updates.