Thread: Message got stuck in Outlook

Message got stuck in Outlook

Hi friends,

I am facing an issue with my Outlook 2007. I am not able to send an email to any other person.It has got stuck in outlook.Can anyone tell em what steps i need to follow.This is regarding with few many only.

Thanks in Advance.

Re: Message got stuck in Outlook

Sure i will help you out with this issue may i know what error messsage are you getting when trying to send email.

I am getting an error message as Outlook is transmitting the message whenever i am trying to delete the message from the Outbox.

For your information if your mail got stuck in Outbox you cannot reopen, for that you need to follow this steps:-

1. Go the File menu, then choose Work Offline in order to stop Outlook from trying to send all mails.
    2. Switch to the Outbox.
    3. You now have two options

• Move the message: You can drag-and-drop to move the e-mail to your drafts folder. This will allow you to re-open the offending e-mail and slim it down by removing the large attachments before attempting to resend it.
      • Delete the message: This will immediately remove the message from the Outbox.

4. Go to the File menu, deselect Work Offline to start sending and receiving mail again.

I would suggest you instead of sending a large attachment, consider putting the file on a local network share or a SharePoint site inside your company and then sending a link around, this would be a good solution.

I tried to do this but didn't worked for me.I am using outlook 2007.Can any one provide me with another solution.

Before that you need to create a email profile for that you need to follow this steps:-

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
    2. Copy and paste (or type) the following command in the Open box and then press ENTER:
      • Control Panel
    3. If you are in Classic View, double-click Mail. The Mail Setup dialog box opens. Go to step 5.
    4. If you are in Category View, under Control Panel, click Switch to Classic View, and then double-click Mail. The Mail Setup dialog box opens.
    5. In the Mail Setup dialog box, click Show Profiles.
    6. On the General tab, under When starting Microsoft Office Outlook, use this profile, click Prompt for a profile to be used, and then click Add.
    7. In the Profile Name box, type the name that you want to use for the new e-mail profile, and then click OK.
    8. In the E-mail Accounts dialog box, click Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next.
    9. Click the appropriate server type for your new e-mail account, and then click Next.
    10. Type your account information in the required boxes, and then click Next.
    11. Click Finish, and then click OK.