Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Pdf file open in Excel

Windows Software

Old 05-02-2009

Pdf file open in Excel

Hi friends,

I have send an link to my friend for viewing and the file is in Pdf Format.Whenever he tries to open that link it opens in Excel not in Abode Acrobat Reader.If he opens the same link on another pc it's opening in Acrobat Reader can anyone tell me what's the issue.

Old 05-02-2009

Re: Pdf file open in Excel

Sure i will help you out with this try to follow this steps and by the way which browser and version is your friend trying to open the link.

Click on the link and select open with.
An list of files will get open, Select Abode Acrobat Reader if not there than browser it.
Check on Always use the selected program to open this kind of file, then click on OK.

Now you can see it gets open in Abode Acrobat Reader.
Old 05-02-2009

I know that. it is one of the way but whenever it goes it has to do that and i can't say it to everyone the same thing.By the way he is using Internet Explorer 6.
Old 06-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemens View Post
I know that. it is one of the way but whenever it goes it has to do that and i can't say it to everyone the same thing.By the way he is using Internet Explorer 6.

Tell all your friends to open the link in IE 7 because IE 7 has the feature of recognizing the file extension and open it with the appropriate software.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: ,