Thread: Fatal error in Windows xp

Fatal error in Windows xp

I have a Lenovo laptop which has crashed last week. I have Windows XP SP 2 installed and it was working slow for last 2 weeks. After a some time the system is giving fatal error on boot and then crash out with blue screen. I had not installed any new software but there was virus issue. How to troubleshoot this problem.

Re: Fatal error in Windows xp

Even if the screen is filled with numeric codes, take time to extract information useful for several types of error exist. The fatal error occurs when an application or system is trying to make a transaction prohibited or not. It bears the number 13 or 14 (OD or OE in hexadecimal). OD denotes a general protection fault (GPF: Golbal Protection Fault) whose cause can be almost whatever. I will recommended to increase your RAM and check out newly installed hardware in your system.

In case of such errors first check out the RAM weather it is sufficient or not (64 MB minimum). Also check the settings for virtual memory, open the System module in the Control Panel. With Windows XP, 2000, successively click on the Advanced tab, Settings button under Performance, Advanced tab and the Edit button. If you are using a earlier version of windows then check out the virtual memory of windows.

The failures of the page (always on a blue screen) are often related to memory (or virtual): a programming error or a problem similar to the fatal error for the OE. Errors called "STOP" are usually documented. Locate the code or the name of the error and see the links in the table below to know the meaning. This type of error (which appears again on a blue screen) occurs in many circumstances. A device driver DOS and Windows driver are in conflict, the registry is damaged, Plug and Play (automatic recognition of devices connected to your PC) does not work in BIOS, RAM or motherboard is damaged,etc.