Thread: Windows Media Player 11 Doesn't Sync To Sony Walkman MP3 Player

Windows Media Player 11 Doesn't Sync To Sony Walkman MP3 Player

When trying to sync music from the Windows Media Player 11 Library to a Sony Walkman MP3 player, I get the following error message. "Windows Media Player has encountered a problem & needs to close. Sorry for the inconvenience"! Media Player shows that it's recognizing the Walkman player. Music can be dragged from the library & dropped into the sync box OK, but clicking on the sync button brings up the error message. What's wrong here & how can I fix it?

If it helps - This hard drive & the software on it worked fine previously but it was just moved to a different computer (motherboard died).

Richard

Re: Windows Media Player 11 Doesn't Sync To Sony Walkman MP3 Player

Well, I think you will have to reinstall the drivers of your Windows Sony Walkman MP3 Player again. Which model this Player is btw?

Set up Your WALKMAN
    • Automatic. If your WALKMAN storage capacity is more than 4 gigabytes (GB) and your entire library can fit on it, Media Player automatically syncs your entire library. You can also choose what syncs automatically by selecting the playlists you want to sync. With this option, Media Player syncs your digital media files to the WALKMAN to mirror your library when you connect it to your computer or when you change sync settings.
    • Manual With this option, you pick specific files or playlists you want to sync each time you want to make changes to the digital media files on your WALKMAN, and you manually remove files from your WALKMAN.

After your WALKMAN is set up the first time, if you want to, you can switch between automatic and manual sync.

1. Start Media Player, turn on your WALKMAN, and then connect it to your computer. If prompted, select the option to sync the WALKMAN using Windows Media Player.

2. Do one of the following:

• If Media Player has selected to sync your WALKMAN automatically, click Finish. When you do so, Media Player will sync your entire library to your WALKMAN. After that, your WALKMAN will sync every time you connect it to your computer
    • If Media Player has selected to sync your WALKMAN manually, click Finish. Then, in the Sync tab, you must select the files and playlists you want to sync manually.

Choose and prioritize what syncs automatically

If your WALKMAN syncs automatically, you don't have to sync your entire library. Instead, you can choose from existing playlists or create new playlists
    of files that you want to sync. The playlists you select will then sync to your WALKMAN every time you connect it to your computer.

• Click the arrow below the Sync tab, point to the name of your WALKMAN, and then click Set Up Sync.
    • The Device Setup dialog box appears
    • In the Available playlists list, select the existing playlists you want to sync and then click Add.
    • To create a playlist, click New Auto Playlist and follow the steps on the screen to specify criteria for files in the auto playlist.
    • To remove a playlist, click the playlist in the Playlists to sync list, and then click Remove.

hi,
    this problem is occur when hardware is not workiing properly,the driver or some system file are not compatible with that new device.Try to boot in safe mode and remove all the older driver and file installed for that device.reinstall the new driver.i hope this slove the problem.

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
    2. In the Open box, type the following command, and then click OK:
    regsvr32 %SystemRoot%\system32\wmpui.dll
    You receive a message that is similar to:
    DllRegisterServer in C:\WINNT\system32\wmpui.dll succeeded.
    3. Click OK, and then start Windows Media Player again.

Thanks for the replies. I'll try your suggestions.

Richard

I have this same problem and I am running windows xp and currently dl what I thought was the rollup 2 update so I could further get windows media player 11 which all works and plays untill I plug in the device.As soon as I do it pops up the same message as above.I tried both suggestions and it has not fixed it.Any others?

Windows Media Player 11 Doesn't Sync To Sony Walkman MP3 Player

Windows Media Player 11 Sony Walkman: You can reduce the sync time it takes dramatically in WMP by using the arrow bellow the sync tab select advanced then options in the drop down window check allow audio files to convert in background. You can reduce synchronizing by up to 80%. Don’t forget to have your Walkman turned on when synchronizing.