Thread: Win32.Zali.B HELP!!!

Win32.Zali.B HELP!!!

Hey Guys I'm new to the forums but, I strongly need help ASAP! Yesterday I started getting a Win32.Zali.B popup and stuff. I accidently went on the site BUT, I didn't download anything. Ok, I read instructions and all and I found the .exe and .dll but, it says in use and stuff. When I go into safe mode, I can't find the .exe or .dll, I can't even find the application data folder. Msconfig just reboots(probably the worm) and like please help! I know where the file is but, I can't find it in safe mode! Please help me!

Re: Win32.Zali.B HELP!!!

Win32.Zafi.b is namely a fake security alert message. This message mostly appears with Perfect Defender 2009, that is rogue application. These applications shows a fake security alerts and tries to force users to purchase non-working program. Win32.Zafi.b worm spreads via infected video codec's and file sharing networks. It is also capable of disabling antivirus and other security products on user’s computer increasing possibility of infection. To avoid these problems it is recommended to use reliable anti-spyware.

I am having OTListIt2 software. It work for me when i faced same problem hope it will help you.

• Download OTListIt2 to your desktop.
    • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
    • When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
    • Under the Standard Registry box change it to All.
    • Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
    • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.

When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTListIt.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTListIt2.

Beware of false warning pop-ups of win32.zafi.b which asks you to buy defender 2009 to fix it. Perfect Defender 2009 (PerfectDefender 2009) is a new attempt of Russian web-rascals to make profit on users’ fears. Perfect Defender 2009 is one of thousands programs that belong to malicious software. Perfect Defender 2009 tries to lure users into buying its registered version. Except creating noisy environment at your PC, trial version of Perfect Defender 2009 or rather associates Trojans, demand enormous system resources just to make them unavailable for useful programs.