Thread: Google Toolbar OR Browser Hijack

Google Toolbar OR Browser Hijack

Can I have some help please 3 week's ago I started having Email Failed + & Cannot Display this IE page" with the "Google Toolbar" installed? If I delete the toolbar I still have the odd problem but it is 90% better!
    I have reinstalled IE7 (5) time's and Google T/Bar (5) time's and EVERY time Google T/Bar crashes my Browser and Mail! I Have tried everything! No go! At "Google Forum" either the 2 "Helps" I recieved did not work , is it a Browser Hijack; Or a Connection Problem?
    I have spoken to My B/Band provider 3 time's and they said it is all okay their end?? I have no Idea what this is! is anyone else having trouble?

I have MS WinXP3 Intel Pent 4 CPU 2.80GHz, 512Ram with Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller’ connected to Internode ADSL B/Band , Sygate Firewall, Avast Home Ed Spy Bot and Webroot Spysweeper.
    Thanks If you Can help Dasha

Re: Google Toolbar OR Browser Hijack

Are you seeing an error message when the crash occurs? If so, could
    you let me know what the error message says?

if you are using the Google Desktop Search, remove it. You need an upgrade from Google of the toolbar for IE 7. If you are using the Yahoo toolbar, remove it. Get the newest version. You can test that add-ins are the issue by running IE 7 with add-ins disabled to see if it still crashes on you:
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/spywaresucks...16/104854.aspx
    Hope this help .

Thanks SecRecy I will give your suggestion a try and let you know our Result Cheers Dasha

Hi Danman Thanks for your Response, there is non Error as in an Error Box,
    What Happens is the Web Page or My Home Page Starts Loading and stalls to a Crawl only a coulple of Lones into the Progress Bar then after about 20 Seconds It reverts to: IE Cannot Display this Page Check your Connections Etc Etc? and the Email comes up as: Sending Email Message Failed Not connected?
    When one is not working it they both stop working, I can usually get it working again by quickly clicking a "History or a Favorite" whilst that page loading stuff is going on then clinking a link and it will mostly work" but if I have the Google Tool Bar installed? thats it neither will work at all Thanks Dasha

Hi Guys well the plot thickens I’ve Done all that has been suggested by you both (SecRecy and Danman) as well as a couple of other things! I found in another Thread about the "Google Tool bar" causing problems in the "Google Forum" and I don’t understand them but tried them anyway and this is what happened! First of all this is what comes Up when the Browser wont Open just the usual Yadie Yah:
    Internet Explore Cannot Display the web Page
    Most likely causes
    You are Not connected ( I am )
    Website is encountering problems
    There might be a typing error in the address.

I found these Ideas in another Thread and I tried them:
    Tried loading IE without add-ons by clicking START --> RUN and then typing iexplore.exe -extoff)
    This would not Work On My Computer It would not open the my default? So I Ran: Search Home Page? regsvr32IEPROXY.DLL
    Here is what came Up :

""RegSvr32
    DllRegistrServer in C:\programfiles\internet explorer\ieproxy.dll
    Succeeded.!!

This is with Google Task Bar Deleted and I have done another install of IE7 and set Google as the Default Does anyone Have any ideas about this Stuff Please, Dasha