Thread: How to make exe file from c++

How to make exe file from c++

hi,
    I use Microsoft's "Visual C++ Express Edition" for my programming.i want to know that how to make an exe file using C program.i downloaded VS and wrote my program and compiled it with no errors. The result was a bunch of files but no .exe file.I was wondering how you can save a solution/project as a .exe or installer file to run on other computers. I have already tried using the MSDN site for help, but it does not give me anything.

Re: How to make exe file from c++

hi,
    In the "Debug" or "Release" directory (depending on the build).Go to project properties you'll notice that there is an "Output Directory" and this isdifferent for different kinds of builds. These directories are relativeto where your ".vcproj" file or your ".dsp" file is.

Choose build from the from theBuild Menu in the menu bar. It will generate a directory, inside the directory where the project is, in which you ca find your EXE file(the name is the name of your compile option : DEBUG or RELEASE MIN SIZE, etc.). get a compiler visual C++, then use the old DOS prompt to build it (run compiler with the filename).

Just simply compile and run the code using any compiler such as TC++.It will create an .exe file for ur program.exe files can only be run... Keep the source code file.

Follow this step to create exe file
    • Open Notepad on your computer. Notepad is located in the "Accessories" folder of the computer's "Program Files".
    • Hold down the "Alt" key and use the number pad to type in every 3-digit combinations from 000 to 999. After each 3-digit combination, release the "Alt" key.
    • Make notes on what keys produce what symbols. You can make a list of all of the 3-digit combinations or just a list of the ones you need. In Notepad, these combinations are the only way to get certain symbols.
    • Type the "exe" file for the program you want to create from the programming language into Notepad. Type the file in C++ programming language. Use the "Alt" and the 3-digit combinations to create symbols that do not appear on the keyboard but that you need in the program.
    • Save the file as a text file until you complete the "exe" program. Be aware that it may take a long time to type every line of code in the "exe" program.
    • Click on "File" and then choose "Save." In the extension drop-down menu, choose "exe." Name the file and click the "Save" button. Locate the file you saved and double-click it to run the "exe" file.