Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Uninstall folder lock

Windows Software

Old 31-01-2009

Uninstall folder lock

Hi,
I am using folder lock 6 on my vista home premium laptop, I've been getting blue screen crashes on every boot up! so now a I'm trying to uninstall it, but whenever i run the program, enter my password, go to options and click uninstall program, the program closes, creates a shortcut to itself on my desktop, and it seems like nothing happens, except that my locker folder is now accessible. and yes, the app still runs perfectly. Whats the problem? Any help please. Thanks in advance.

Old 31-01-2009

Re: Uninstall folder lock

Folder Lock can only be uninstalled by clicking the 'Uninstall Program' button, which you can access after clicking the Options button. You cannot uninstall the program directly without entering the password. This is done to protect the program from being uninstalled by other users and to avoid the program and locked files getting deleted accidentally. Do not try to delete the program manually. Use only this option to remove the program from your computer.
Old 31-01-2009

Use the add-remove programs in Control Panel? Or, just figure out which devices/drivers that thing installed and uninstall/delete them manually.
Old 31-01-2009

Hi, i'm also using Folder lock I have forgotten my password, how can I get my files back?
Old 31-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDust View Post
Hi, i'm also using Folder lock I have forgotten my password, how can I get my files back?
SORRY!! THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO ACCESS YOUR LOCKER IF YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN YOUR PASSWORD, SO PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU SET A PASSWORD WHICH IS EASY TO REMEMBER FOR YOU AND HARD TO GUESS FOR OTHERS.

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"
Old 07-04-2009

I had the same problem, my computer kept restarting, and showing a blue screen.

What I did to fix it: I had forgotton my password..
So I opened folder lock, created a new locker, with an easy password, and uninstalled it from there.
I did a search on my computer for "lock", and deleted anything else that was associated with it. My computer is running fine now, and I did some scans and stuff..

I hope this helps
Old 07-04-2009

Oh and, the files got deleted, but considering I hadn't used it for a few weeks (putting up with the blue screens, not knowing why) I forgot what was in there
Old 08-04-2009

@ Kiotoblack
So for uninstalling the folder lock, I will have to sacrifice my data in it
I cant do so. Well I will get recovered from BSOD but then I will loose my important data in that folder. Any workarounds that can be done? Thanks for replying.
Old 07-06-2010

Re: Uninstall folder lock 6

Uninstall folder lock 6 sent solution me by e-mail

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: ,