Thread: Setpoint incompatible with Microsoft Intellipoint?

Setpoint incompatible with Microsoft Intellipoint?

I have purchased a Logitech Media Keyboard and installed the Setpoint Software 4.0, When I move to use my mouse then got that microsoft mouse not going fine any more. When I come up with the Microsoft Intellipoint Software and configured my mouse then program suggest me that No microsoft mouse was found..... I only need to install the drivers for the keyboard but program changes the software for my mouse also. When I removed the Microsoft intellipoint and then installed that again, the setup program automatically performed the reinstallation of setpoint 4.0 program. I think, there exist an fix for such type of issue otherwise the logitech keyboard is moving back and I have to purchase a microsoft keyboard.

Re: Setpoint incompatible with Microsoft Intellipoint?

SetPoint currently installs automatically for keyboard and mouse control . Some point of time, it was possible to install this for only single device or some other but that one option has unfortunately been destroyed before.

Microsoft's Intellipoint and Intellitype software both contain a built-in functionality that is used to detect different software for mice or keyboards, respectively, and involves to destroy it from your system so that there would not be any conflicts..In order to this , this is commonly impossible to run with both of softwares installed at a time . And if it got possible to do so, the likelihood of software conflicts would be extremely maximum. Therefore, your only fix about this is to use single device or another as plug-and-play (without any installation of software ), so that the other can be configured with its software.

Just now, I did the Intellipoint update, It is not much sure that it is related to that or not . currently in order, but frequently (say every couple of minutes) software's performs just as the mouse has been touched even when it has not been. The cursor doesn't move from one place to another but mouse attention is available . Which is most obvious in say video playback where controls are commonly hidden, but when you will do two and fro the mouse they arises into the forefront.

It is going on continuously in every software, though (that I can consider to try where one would figure out about such a thing). I backed out Intellipoint. It made no difference. I temporarily uninstalled entire pointing devices on the system, just in case one of them was going ever so slightly without taking input or if a driver was behaving very strange . There is no any difference . I have figured out about the processes running that I do not recognize and executes virus and spyware sweeps in case something going not in proper manner is hitting an O/S call on a mouse interrupt. Nothing.

You have updated the Intellipoint driver and the issue started. So it looks as the logical issue and you have to roll back the update and then try to find out that issue has been moved away or not .

• Press Windows+R key then issue the devmgmt.msc in the text box and press Enter .
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices then double click on your mouse.
    • Click on the Drive tab then after press the button stated as Rollback driver .

See if that would be helpful.

If you are not getting any successful solution regarding the above stated solution then you should go for try this one and I am sure it would be much helpful for you. So get ready to try this :This is the procedure of system restore:

System Restore
    =============

1. Click the Start menu type "system restore" in the search box and press enter.
    2. Click "Choose a different point" and click next.
    3. Find out show more restore points box.
    4. Select a date before this issue happening, and click Next.
    5. Click on the Finish button .

I am felling embarrass to say ,according to me, I got it to be something more straightforward. I considered that I had accounted for entire pointing devices that are close to 3, but discarded one on the console, since the console is virtually never activated . Fine , there is a mouse and keyboard at the console and the mouse got replaced onto a clear surface before a week . And as an optical mouse on a clean surface it was going up. I replaced it to do something more mundane and the issue moved away. I assumes rather silly for something much dumb, especially after spending so much time trying to consider this out. Thanks for any help.