Thread: Setting Margins in Word Document

Setting Margins in Word Document

Hi friends,

I need a help regarding margins in Word documents .I need to have proper alignment of top and bottom of my page and following are my requirement.

I need to have 2.5 cm margins from the edge of a paper.Can any one tell me how to setup margin (in submenu Page setup) and layout to fulfill previously mentioned requirements.I have already set up top margin to 2,5cm, layout is set to 0,0 cm.

At the bottom of the page footer is used which consists of page numbered; and central alignment is used

My current settings are: bottom margin is set to 0,0 cm , layout (from edge – footer) is set to 2,0 cm; I need to have Blank space between edge of a paper and page number must be exactly 2,0 cm

i know that this settings are not going to work for me.Can anyone provide me with a good solution.

Re: Setting Margins in Word Document

To view the horizontal ruler, you must be in print layout view , normal view , or Web layout view.For example, the document appears as one long page (without page breaks) and text and tables wrap to fit in the window. If you cannot see the horizontal ruler, do the following:

• On the View menu, click Print Layout, Normal, or Web layout.
    • If the horizontal ruler is not showing across the top of your document, click Ruler on the View menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadmus View Post
    To view the horizontal ruler, you must be in print layout view , normal view , or Web layout view.For example, the document appears as one long page (without page breaks) and text and tables wrap to fit in the window. If you cannot see the horizontal ruler, do the following:

• On the View menu, click Print Layout, Normal, or Web layout.
    • If the horizontal ruler is not showing across the top of your document, click Ruler on the View menu.

Sorry it didn't worked for me any other Solution.

As you have mentioned in your post i guess you need to follow some to the standard rules as:-

1. The Header measure is the space from the top of the header text to the bottom edge of the paper.
    2. The Footer measure is the space from the bottom of the footer text to the bottom edge of the paper.
    3. The margin measures are all the distance between the body text and the edge of the paper.

You won't be able to see it cause it will get covered up with text or you type any value in it.