Thread: Outlook 2007 locking out AD Accounts

Outlook 2007 locking out AD Accounts

I am running Outlook 2007 with Kerio Mailserver. We have been running Outlook 2002 and have had no problems. We now have a few users on OL2007 and when the open Outlook and do a Send/Receive...it will automatically lock out their Windows 2000 Active Directory account. We tested this by one of these users closing out Outlook last night before they went home and came in this morning and the account was NOT locked out. The opened Outlook and did a send/receive...and it locked their AD account out. Has anyone ever seen this? Thanks so much!!

Re: Outlook 2007 locking out AD Accounts

There are few situations that can be reason to a user account being locked out in an Active Directory environment.In both situations, the corporate password policy is involved.
    * users must change their passwords at regular intervals
    * account gets locked out after the password being refused a specified number of times

hi i am not best in this but your problem is regarding active Active Directory account so you can try this link Account-Lockout , i think this will help you to resolve your locked out problem.

hi,
    loging on to a different workstation? or runing some software or service on workstation that other users don't? Is there some kind of script running at logoff? I'm thinking in the direction of some application or service that runs in the background that is using connection to the server but has the wrong password information. Could even be some sort of spyware or Trojan running on machine.

Your MS Outlook has Network Logon Security option : like KERBEROS/NTLM Password authentication but its not using KERBEROS just NTML thats why you are generating Bad Password Count. You have to make it using Kerberos .(When you check Event Viewer logs from Exchange server you will see that ,[username] event 540 , is using NTLM network logon authentication not Kerberos.)
    You can switch it at MS Outlook -> Mail Account -> More Settings -> Security
    You can also fixed it by using a script from : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en extract to any folder and run EnableKerbLog.vbs -> click ok
    restart yout pc and its all .Its Enables Kerberos.

Glenny....

We are not running Exchange....we are running Kerio Mailserver so we don't have all the security settings like you would with an Exchange account I don't believe.

Would the EnableKerbLog.vbs work if we are not running Exchange? Thank you all for the great comments.

I am about to pull my hair out...

change your password. The password is constantly being locked out on the domain controller. Failed audit report, reported it was locked out from the workstation (xp).

change the password to a different one required change password at logon.
    change the password cache on the machine to 0.
    disable the account on the domain controller
    shut down the workstation it was reporting failed audits.
    Verify that no services on that machine require that specific account information.
    delete all network mappings.

I am trying that now...thanks SO much for the help!

You can see this for more information

AD accounts randomly locking on 1st login attempt

I just figured it out!

If I make my Kerio mailserver account password the same as the users AD Windows account password. It corrects the problem. Don't know why since Kerio is not integrated with AD...but it works.

Thanks to all who have helped!!!!!!