Thread: Laptop freezes with Firefox

Laptop freezes with Firefox

I am using the Dell Inspiron E1505 which has Windows XP SP3 installed in iy. I don’t have any problem with the operating system. I have Firefox version 3.6.3 installed in it. I noticed that the laptop gets freeze randomly when I browse the internet with that. This happens repeatedly and it is not specific to any particular website. It was not the problem when I was using the Internet Explorer. The problem started when I installed the Firefox. Once this freezes the laptop then I have to restart the computer and it came to normal state. Restarting is the only option left for me one this is done. Now I have to use the Internet Explorer. It give me less speed than the Firefox but not causes the freezing. Can you tell that what may be the problem with it?

Re: Laptop freezes with Firefox

Have you tried to run the Firefox in safe mode? If not then you should try this. Just restart your laptop and while it is loading the operating system, you have to continuously press the F8 key and this will open a new screen which will have the option for the safe mode. Select that option by the arrow buttons and click Enter. This will start the laptop in safe mode. Try to use the Firefox in safe mode. You will find this in Start > All Programs > Firefox/Mozilla folder. It is possible that you have the corrupt add-on which is causing this issue. Safe mode will emphasize this problem.

I think that you need to update the Adobe Flash Player and Java in your computer. Adobe Flash Player helps you to view the animations on the web pages. If you are browsing any page that contains the animations for flashes and you have not updated or installed the Adobe Flash Player then it may freeze the browser or the entire operating system. Upgrading the java may also help you because Java 2 Runtime Environment has the Java virtual machine (JVM), runtime class libraries, and Java application launcher. This are needed to run the programs that are written in java language. So do these two things and see the result.

Have you installed any Antivirus software in your system? If yes then check for the firewall security settings. It may be causing the problem for you. You can disable the antivirus that you are using and install any third party firewall and see whether it also causes the similar issue or not. If it works fine then the problem is definitely with the firewall protection of the antivirus that you are using.

OK, you can try the things below:
    1. First of all uninstall the Firefox that is installed in your laptop completely and remove any personal data as well. After that, you have to re-download a fresh setup for this and see whether that helps you or not?
    2. If the problem persists then you can download the revo uninstaller from majorgeeks. This will help you to uninstall and clean the registry for the program. After that you can run the CCleaner. This will give it a extra clean and now you can re-download and install that.
    3. If after that also you are facing the similar issue then the only thing that you can do is download and use any other browser like Opera, chrome, comodo etc.

You can try one more thing to solve this problem. I have personal experience for this and I am quite sure that this will help you. Whenever it happens to you then you just have to open the Task Manager by pressing the Alt + Ctrl + Del button. Select the tab for processes and this will list all the running processes on your system. Search for the process firefox.exe. Highlight that process by clicking that and press the End Process button from bottom. This will close the Window of Firefox. Close the task manager and again open the Firefox. This will ask you that whether you want to restore the tabs which were opened previously. Select the option accordingly and press ok. This will get you out of the freeze. It may be temporary solution but will work for you till you get the permanent fix for this.