| || |
Join Date: Apr 2008
Re: How to prevent Skype Browser Plug-Ins from installing
Sure i will help you out with this issue you need to follow few steps:-
- Download the latest Skype installation image, and execute it
- In the first installation window that comes up, click "Options" at the lower left corner
- In the Installation options window, un-check both browser plug-ins. If you want to avoid other potential future problems, also un-check the Skype "Extras", which are also installed silently by default and have nothing to do with Skype communication
- Also un-check the box for "Run Skype after installation"
- Complete the installation normally
- After the installation is finished, and BEFORE you run Skype the first time, perform step 3 of the following procedure, to disable the ActiveX control that Skype has installed despite your specific instructions not to install Browser Plug-Ins.