Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to prevent Skype Browser Plug-Ins from installing

Windows Software

Old 27-01-2009

How to prevent Skype Browser Plug-Ins from installing

Hi, As i have mentioned in my title i don't want my skype Browser Plug-ins from installing can any one tell me what i need to do while installing skype.

Thanks in advance.

Old 27-01-2009

Re: How to prevent Skype Browser Plug-Ins from installing

Sure i will help you out with this issue you need to follow few steps:-
  1. Download the latest Skype installation image, and execute it
  2. In the first installation window that comes up, click "Options" at the lower left corner
  3. In the Installation options window, un-check both browser plug-ins. If you want to avoid other potential future problems, also un-check the Skype "Extras", which are also installed silently by default and have nothing to do with Skype communication
  4. Also un-check the box for "Run Skype after installation"
  5. Complete the installation normally
  6. After the installation is finished, and BEFORE you run Skype the first time, perform step 3 of the following procedure, to disable the ActiveX control that Skype has installed despite your specific instructions not to install Browser Plug-Ins.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: ,