Thread: MSN wont connect using Vista

MSN wont connect using Vista

Have just upgraded sons PC to Vista and now windows live will not connect, have tried uninstalling it then re-installing. Am connected to the internet and everything and our other vista machine connects via the same router. Any ideas anyone.

Thanks

Re: MSN wont connect using Vista

Have you tried removing the NIC in Device manager and reinstalling it? If without errors, perhaps reinstalling it might fix your issue... It's worth a try.

Have you tried opening up a command prompt and pinging your localhost? Have you tried pinging websites???

If so what reply do you get if any?

I have also read that the Vista Windows Firewall has to be set every time you boot to allow your browser access.... that could be the problem. It seems that it won't hold the config settings once you have configured it and then rebooted.

When they did a driver update with drivers that were compatible with Vista, everything was successful. But as you didn't list your NIC type or motherboard I cannot be certain that this information is applicable to your situation.

Re: MSN wont connect using Vista

Connection problems have become very common with the newer versions of MSN/WLM. Many users are now coming across error code messages that justify this problem.

Connectivity issues can arise from a number of factors that you should first consider before trying to fix them further. Before you attempt anything, I will recommend you to:

1. Test out your connection; make sure that the right wires are plugged in and that you are connected to the internet while signing in to your messenger.
    2. Ensure that you have entered the right username and password. The password field is case sensitive; hence check that the Caps Lock is not on.
    3. Click Troubleshoot when prompted. This will take a few minutes to review your settings and try to fix the problem.