Thread: Automatically reply to new emails in Outlook

Automatically reply to new emails in Outlook

Hello friends,

I am going out of office for few days, so i want to send the Auto reply to all the new emails in Outlook 2007 which i will receive in that period.

but i don't know how to do this.
    Please help me for this.

Create a rule to automatically reply to new e-mail messages

Do one of the following:

1. On the Tools menu, click Rules and Alerts.

2. In the Rules and Alerts dialog box, click New Rule.

3. Under Start from a blank rule, click Check messages when they arrive, and then click Next.

4. Under Which condition(s) do you want to check?, select the sent only to me check box and any other criteria that you want, and then click Next.

5. When you see a dialog box informing you that this rule will be applied to every message that you receive, click Yes.

6. Under What do you want to do with the message?, select the reply using a specific template check box.

7. Under Step 2: Edit the rule description (click an underlined value), click a specific template.

8. In the Select a Reply Template dialog box, in the Look In box, click User Templates in File System.

9. Select the template that you created in the previous section, and then click Open.

10. Click Next.

11. Optionally, select the check boxes for any exceptions to the auto-reply rule.

12. Click Next.

13. Under Step 1: Specify a name for this rule, type a name for the auto-reply rule, and then click Finish.

Turn off automatic replies

To turn off the rule you created in step 2 above, do the following:

2. On the E-mail Rules tab, under Name, clear the check box for the rule you want to turn off.

Re: Create a rule to automatically reply to new e-mail messages

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post

Do one of the following:

2. In the Rules and Alerts dialog box, click New Rule.

3. Under Start from a blank rule, click Check messages when they arrive, and then click Next.

4. Under Which condition(s) do you want to check?, select the sent only to me check box and any other criteria that you want, and then click Next.

5. When you see a dialog box informing you that this rule will be applied to every message that you receive, click Yes.

6. Under What do you want to do with the message?, select the reply using a specific template check box.

7. Under Step 2: Edit the rule description (click an underlined value), click a specific template.

8. In the Select a Reply Template dialog box, in the Look In box, click User Templates in File System.

9. Select the template that you created in the previous section, and then click Open.

10. Click Next.

11. Optionally, select the check boxes for any exceptions to the auto-reply rule.

12. Click Next.

13. Under Step 1: Specify a name for this rule, type a name for the auto-reply rule, and then click Finish.
    I created all the steps as mentioned and when i receive an email it says replied ....... but when i check with the person - he has not received it. Need help