Thread: Reinstall Windows XP

Reinstall Windows XP

My computer is very slow, even it sounds all the time. It is simply not possible to use the data to something sensible. PC was bought in summer 2006, and is an ACER Aspire. It has Intel Pentium M processor (1.7 GHz) and 1GB of RAM. Thus it can be fine if I used to see movies, listen to music and surf the net.

The problem is that I do not recognize how to reinstall the OS. I do not have Windows CD since when I bought it.

Can anyone help me?

Re: Reinstall Windows XP

You should always have a Windows CD ... But if you want to buy it from a shop on the Web, or if you want to download it from the network and pay the license for installation may be some opportunities ... The license version is about $150-200.

If it is not accompanied by a CD, there is a program on your PC that can do this automatically.

I think it had something with "Acer recovery manager". One or other of recovery aleast. See if you have something similar with you first.

Please note that if you reformat your PC (reinstall windows again) you will certainly lose all information you have stored on your PC. Thus, all files, programs, etc. You can, though reinstall windows without losing anything, but this is not to recommend, as it often creates more problems than it solves.

Acer (and many other like HP) laptops comes by default with an OEM license and the license is included and it is pre-activated. One must of course then reinstall OS with the same OEM media that the computer came with it be CDs or recovery partition.