Thread: Internet Explorer 8 Doesn't Run/Crashes in Windows 7

ThumbsUp Internet Explorer 8 Doesn't Run/Crashes in Windows 7

Hi Guys, I'm new to Windows 7 Beta. I'm running the Windows 7 Beta 32-bit Editions. Whenever i try to run internet explorer, either it crashes instantly or works for some time and then crashes. Another thing, that when I'm using Windows Live Messenger and click to go to my inbox it opens internet explorer, shows an error message and then IE starts opening up new instances of the browser in an infinite loop. [new windows not tabs] All i can do at that time is reboot my computer! please help guys!

ThumbsUp Re: Internet Explorer 8 Doesn't Run/Crashes in Windows 7

Try IE without any Add-Ons to see if it works. It might be a bad add-on. Start IE in "Internet Explorer (no add-ons)"/Safe mode. Start menu->Accessories->System Tools->Internet Explorer(No Add-Ons).

ThumbsUp Re: Internet Explorer 8 Doesn't Run/Crashes in Windows 7

Hey Man! Thanks a lot! that worked like a charm! i don't know which add-on had a bug, but removed all add-ons and now my Internet Explorer 8 is running smoothly.

Re: Internet Explorer 8 Doesn't Run/Crashes in Windows 7

I am running the RC and have this same problem. I just installed it over this past weekend, IE was running all right initially. Now, any time I open it, it immediately crashes, looks for a solution online (seems to fail), restarts IE, crashes, etc... Over and over, endlessly. It even does this if I start it in Safe Mode. The only "add-on" I have installed is Xmarks, and that has been removed. Any other ideas, aside from using Firefox instead?

Thanks!

If you want to use IE features you can use it in mozilla firefox itself. Download and install "IE Tab" plugin in Mozilla Firefox. Restart Firefox. Now Right-Click on the tab and select IE Tab. The new tab will be running IE's engine and it will have the icon of Internet Explorer. Also you can use the IE tab to surf the site which needs exclusive IE browser. Example : Windows Update.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudra.J View Post
    If you want to use IE features you can use it in mozilla firefox itself. Download and install "IE Tab" plugin in Mozilla Firefox. Restart Firefox. Now Right-Click on the tab and select IE Tab. The new tab will be running IE's engine and it will have the icon of Internet Explorer. Also you can use the IE tab to surf the site which needs exclusive IE browser. Example : Windows Update.
    Thanks, I do use IE tab... Just looking for a fix for Internet Explorer itself.