Thread: Unable to log into yahoo mail

Unable to log into yahoo mail

Hi,
    I am having problem to log into my yahoo mail accounts.
    But i can login easily through my friends or any other machine.
    I can sigh in for both messengers from trillian.
    What could be the reason?

Re: Unable to log into yahoo mail.

Well I would suggest you to try some other browser.
    What browser are you using try Firefox or opera & see what happens.
    IF the problem still persists then you need to clear your cookies & history & reboot your system.

Are you able to log into other mail programs like gmail?

Well JoeFrat,
    I have already tried firefox & opera but problem is still there.
    I have even cleared cookies & catch.
    Installed CCLeaner but no luck. Problem not solved.
    I can log into my gmail & rediffmail accounts with no problem.

Any other alternative?

if you can surf without any problems...its just yahoo's server having the problem...wait awhile and retry

Please try this.
    1. Temporarily disable antivirus/ firewall and any popup blockers/toolbars. Check to see if that solves the problem. If it does, go through and isolate which program is at fault. Change settings in that program.
    2. Check to ensure Javascript is enabled. Click the Security Tab. Click to highlight Internet Zone. Click the Default Level Button. Then click the Custom Level button. Make sure it is set to Medium. Under the heading Java Permissions make sure it is set to Medium Safety. Scroll down to the Scripting Heading. Make sure all are set to Enable.
    3. Look for a file named HOSTS with no extension. (not Hosts.sam or Lmhosts.sam). Could be a hidden file so you will have to be sure Show All Files. Also, be sure to uncheck, Hide extensions for known file types.
    These can be found in Folder Options. Start->Settings or Windows Explorer->Tools. Or on the View Tab.
    4. You can open up a Hosts file and edit with notepad. Look for entries related to the problem site. Either delete or place a # at each related entry. The # symbol forces Windows to ignore that line. Save the new edited version to the location where it was found. Reboot and see if that was the cause of the problem.
    5. Index.dat files may be corrupted. Deleting them without a program varies between your version of windows. I would suggest using IE Privacy Keeper.
    6. Click Start->Run. Type
    regsvr32 urlmon.dll and then click OK. Repeat, substituting each of these additional DLLs:

regsvr32 Shdocvw.dll
    regsvr32 Msjava.dll
    regsvr32 Actxprxy.dll
    regsvr32 Oleaut32.dll
    regsvr32 Mshtml.dll
    regsvr32 Browseui.dll

frontier2002 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by shilpa View Post
    Hi,
    I am having problem to log into my yahoo mail accounts.
    But i can login easily through my friends or any other machine.
    I can sigh in for both messengers from trillian.
    What could be the reason?
    This can be two problem...one is yahoo having temporary server problem. two your browser is not accepting cookies...so wait to login another day and check all your browser cookies...allow it to accept cookies

I have the same problem as above. Ill state the facts first. I havent been able to log into my yahoo messenger or any of my yahoo email accounts for days now-its not temporary.

I have accessed them on a different computer so I am confident a simple setting in windows has changed since I use IE, Firefox, and Opera which all have worked fine with yahoo till around 5 days ago.

My OS:

I run windows 2000 pro with full updates including service pack 4.

I have read above the things to try, I have 3rd party cookies enabled, pop up blocks are unchanged from what they have always been when it did work. I am having trouble understanding some of the other things to try such as the host file things etc. Like everyone else im looking for the simple easy answer that changed this to be able to simply change it back.

The recent changes I suspect may have done this are A: windows updating B: ad-aware anniversary edition C: ccleaner.

They are the only 3 possibilities that I know could have made the change.

I need some computers for dummies type step by step things to try though I suspect by all this it is likely something very simple that just needs changed back or reloaded? I did do a registry cleaning with ccleaner but that was after this problem when I started wondering if the registry didnt get something crossed up. I did ccleaner after the fact. A scan I had done with ad-aware anniv edit did remove a redirected host file during a scan and I followed the recommended action, also it sounded funny im not sure how to get the info to post what it was but it had no Y in it or anything id normally associate to yahoo. Thats all I know, but as I said before and still remain confident, its a simple setting that got changed, or erased/blocked, and can easily be put back im hoping???