Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Step by step installation guide for WampServer on Windows

Windows Software

Old 16-01-2009

Step by step installation guide for WampServer on Windows

Hello,

I wanted make some web development and for that I required to have web sever,a database,php for all these requirement I Googled on the internet and I found that this all provides in the one application which is WampServer and so i downloaded that,I tried the installation but I think that didn't work upto the mark, so I request to all of you please suggest me the installation steps for the WampServer on the Windows Platform.

This is urgent,I am hoping for your help!

Thanks in advance!

Old 16-01-2009

Re: Step by step installtion guide for WampServer on Windows

With recent progress of php5 campaign and minimum windows xp deployment I think I should upgrade to Appserv to wampserver mode.

Wampserver can use dual php mode, php5 by default with php4 as addon.

For Step by step process follow the steps:

WAMP Installation Guide
  1. Run the WampServer 2 setup wizard.
  2. Click "Next" on the first screen.
  3. Select "I Accept the Agreement". For legal reasons, and your own education, I advise reading the agreement first. Click "Next".
  4. Select where you want WAMP to be installed on the computer. The default, c:\wamp is a good, easy place. Click "Next".
  5. Select any shortcuts you may want. Click "Next".
  6. Review your selections, then click "Install". Installation may take a few minutes.
  7. After a little while, you will be prompted to choose a default web browser for WAMP. I recommend Firefox, both because it's good and WAMP auto-detects it, saving you time. If you want to choose something else then you're going to have to browse for the .exe.
  8. Another prompt will come up asking if you want to overwrite index.php with a new WAMP homepage. Select "No".
  9. The next information you will be prompted for is SMTP data. Leave the defaults then click "Next".
  10. Leave the box for "Launch WampServer 2 now" checked, then click "Finish".

Hope this may solve your problem.
Old 16-01-2009

Re: Step by step installtion guide for WampServer on Windows

Hi shilong,

You can also have a very good installation guide from the following link,I think this is the best guide on the installation of WampServer I have ever seen.

http://www.goitexpert.com/entry.cfm?...ache-MySQL-PHP

This will solve your problem.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,