Thread: Lost iTunes !!

Lost iTunes !!

The title says it all. I just installed windows back on my computer and i want it to have everything in my ipod back there. I had downloaded about 260 iTunes @ .99/tune but sadly, did not back them up but still have them on my iPOD.
    Is there a way to do this? Like importing my ipod's database?

Re: Lost iTunes !!

Sorry I can't remember the name of the program but there is definitely a way to do this. I've had to do this many times (I think the program might be called PodWorks or something). Do a search for Copy iPod or something like that and you should have luck. It's definitely possible. The only thing you MIGHT have a problem with is getting the playlists and everything back into iTunes from the iPod. Someone here might be able to help there. I was always more concerned with just the music. Hope this helps. GOOD LUCK!

I have tried this thing also. Someone suggested me this. The program is copypod. I can't use copypod because it doesn't deal with my playlists and ratings, the recently added song orders and playcount.

I do know that it is possible but I do not know how to go about doing this.

I think when you plug your iPod into your computer it will usually notice that you have purchases on the iPod that aren't in the iTunes library and it will ask if you want to copy them to the library.

If in case your songs do get deleted you can call iTunes and tell them your hard drive got wiped out and they will give you a refund to buy the same songs back your bought in the first place.

1. You'll need to re-download iTunes. You can download iTunes from iTunes.com.

2. After following the steps to download and install iTunes, open iTunes and connect your iPod. This is VERY important....DO NOT sync your iPod. Doing so will delete all media from your iPod.

3. Instead of sync'ing, go to the toolbar at the top and select "File". From there, you'll need to select "Transfer Purchases from iPod." Music you purchased from iTunes will now be transferred to your "Purchased" folder.

ENJOY

Not sure if this will help as there's a possibility, if you try to download to the new hard drive, whether the iPod will know it's the same PC or not and erase all your tunes. Hopefully, it is smarter than I think and it will give you a warning that if you proceed it will erase the tunes.

P.S. This is a direct quote from the shuffle page on Apple's website:
    Plug-and-Playlists
    iPod shuffle makes syncing a piece of cake. Cupcake, even. Use the optional Dock to connect to your computer or just plug iPod shuffle directly into a USB port on any computer. Then drag and drop individual songs, Autofill your favorite playlists or Autofill your iPod shuffle with a random sampling from your music library. Since iPod shuffle automatically charges while syncing, it stays ready for your next adventure