Thread: Cannot Create Recovery Points with Norton Ghost 10 Error

Cannot Create Recovery Points with Norton Ghost 10 Error

Hello, everybody, i did not had any problem while installing Norton Ghost on my PC having Win XP Pro SP2 . My SATA HDD has two ntfs partitions , but after installing norton . when I tried creating a backup job it falied Below is the specific error message

"Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Complete System Backup"
    "Error E7C3000F: Device \\. \SymantecSnapshot2 cannot read 4096 sectors starting at LBA 13671576"
    "Error EBAB03F1: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)"

please help thanks for your suggestion

Re: Cannot Create Recovery Points with Norton Ghost 10 Error

Hard drive problems, such as file system errors or bad sectors cause this kind of error To prevent this problem, make sure that you check the option "Ignore bad sectors during copy" while the Backup Wizard is in progress. and also Multiple USB devices that are connected to the computer Disconnect all devices except for the USB destination hard drive. this would help in solving your problem best of luck

I would first be looking at any significant disk activity that is going on, it may be unable to get sufficient quiet time for the creation of the point. Run a chkdsk. Go to the properties of the drive and select tool and then error checking. select both options. If it is a C: drive you will need a reboot

hey buddy here the solution

Exact Error Message
    Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job

Details:
    When an incremental backup is scheduled or as the backup runs, one of the following error messages can occur:
    > Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Backup of hard drive(C:\). Error EC8F03FE: Cannot read the properties of the job. Error EC8F1F62: Cannot find external device '<drive name>'. Details: The system cannot find the path specified.
    > "Error E7C3000F: Device \\. \SymantecSnapshot2 cannot read 4096 sectors starting at LBA 13671576"
    > "Error EBAB03F1: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)"
    There are several reasons why this error message occurs per the following:

• Cause A: Hard drive problems, such as file system errors or bad sectors.
      Solution A: To prevent this problem, run the Windows Disk Error Checking Utility (chkdsk /f from a command prompt) or try checking the option "Ignore bad sectors during copy" while the Backup Wizard is in progress.
    • Cause B: Multiple USB devices that are connected to the computer.
      Solution B: Disconnect all devices except for the USB destination hard drive.
    • Cause C: The USB drive is not seen in Windows
      Solution C: Check the status of the drive in Windows disk management. If the drive is not seen or is seen incorrectly in Windows, BESR cannot use that drive. This is common more with USB drives. Contact the manufacturer of your drive if this happens to ensure that your BIOS and Windows settings are correct. Sometimes simply unplugging then plugging in the USB drive can bring it back online.
    • Cause D: A SAN (Storage Area Network) Volume may be causing conflicts.
      Solution D: Update to the latest version. Frequently changes are made to be compatible with SAN volumes. Or if possible, disconnect the SAN to determine if there is a conflict with the SAN.

I had the same copy error problem on Ghost. After removing all partitions and copying all 2 partitions at a time and the addition of a drive letter in one case, I now have a perfect copy of the whole drive.