Thread: How to perform clean boot process in windows vista

matthewforu Guest

How to perform clean boot process in windows vista

Hi, I have faced problems with windows vista to perform clean boot up. i got solution from Microsoft Website. I am sharing here steps follow below:

How to perform clean boot process in windows vista

If the computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may prevent you from following these steps. We strongly recommend that you do not use the System Configuration utility to modify the advanced boot options on the computer unless a Microsoft support engineer directs you to do this. Doing this may make the computer unusable.
    a. Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
    b. Click Start
    , type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER to start the System Configuration Utility.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
    c. On the General tab, click Selective Startup, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box. (The Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable.)
    d. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.

Note Following this step lets Microsoft Support services continue to run. These services include Networking, Plug and Play, Event Logging, Error Reporting, and other services. If you disable these services, you may permanently delete all restore points. Do not do this if you want to use the System Restore utility together with existing restore points.
    e. Click OK, and then click Restart.

Yogesh Guest

Re: How to perform clean boot process in windows vista

Please remember to post threads in proper sections. This type of threads should go in Tips & Tweaks.

Anyways, its a nice post, but I think I have already read this somewhere on Microsoft's site. If you have taken from there, also mention the source of it... and whenever you post.