Thread: How to make a windows live CD?

Affection How to make a windows live CD?

Can any one help me with this? I want to create a live cd for windows operating system. Though i'm not a computer geek, i want to try this out. i'm sure all the techies here would be able to help me. Thank you for your replies in advance!!

ThumbsUp Re: How to make a windows live CD?

Making a windows live cd is quite an easy task. the live cd means pre-installed environment. a bootable disc just like a linux live cd which runs windows without having to install it on the system.

Here is the way how you can make it happen :
    • Download PE Builder and install it.
    • Run PE Builder.
    • When you start PE Builder for the first time it will ask if you agree with the license agreement.
    • Now PE Builder will ask to search for windows installation files. If you don't have your windows XP setup/installation files on your system you must insert the original Microsoft Windows XP installation/setup CD at this point. The files you have at c:\windows are not installation files. They are your already installed files! Click "yes" to start searching. PE Builder will now search all fixed- and CD-Rom drives for Windows installation files. This will take some time. When more than one valid location is found, a dialog will appear where you can select which location you want to use.
    • At the main PE Builder dialog, select the "Burn to CD/DVD" option. When you are using an erasable medium, make sure that the "AutoErase RW" option is enabled. The "burn using" option should be set to "StarBurn". Select your CD writer device from the Device list.
    • Hit the "build" button. PE Builder will now ask you to create a BartPE directory, answer with "yes".
    • The license for your Microsoft Windows XP product is shown. Read it and agree to it to continue.
    • PE Builder will now start building BartPE. This will take a few minutes. You will see a lot of files getting copied and/or decompressed, the ISO image build and the data recorded to your CD/DVD writer. If the data verify was correct and there where no errors reported, you can boot the CD/DVD!

Supported Windows versions are:
    • Windows XP Home Edition (must be slip streamed with Service Pack 1 or higher)
    • Windows XP Professional (must be slip streamed with Service Pack 1 or higher)
    • Windows Server 2003, Web Edition
    • Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition
    • Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Users please reply to the forum about the help given to you.
    we need feed back to motivate & correct (if our solution doesn't work) ourself.

Re: How to make a windows live CD?

I don't understand how this could be legal, unless he includes a license from Microsoft with every copy he sell (or gives away, for that matter).

Quote Originally Posted by Iesa View Post
    I don't understand how this could be legal, unless he includes a license from Microsoft with every copy he sell (or gives away, for that matter).
    There isn't really a thing illegal about it, because it uses your own Windows XP CD. And, you run on a single machine (the one that crashed) and you don't run them together (because the other install crashed)

I wouldn't really bother too much about it, I never do
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

Can I use PE Builder to make a Windows 7 Beta a live cd??

Quote Originally Posted by Metaldragonssj5 View Post
    Can I use PE Builder to make a Windows 7 Beta a live cd??
    Here i have found this interesting video on youtube.

Make Your Own Windows 7 live Cd! 100% FREE AND LEG...

Hope this will help you.