Thread: Excel tips and tricks

Excel tips and tricks

hi ,
    Its great if i know all the secretes of excel but i am not that perfect .
    i want to know new tricks in excel which can make me more smarter in excel .
    so if any have any trick or tips please give that to me .
    thank you .!

Re: Excel tips and tricks

hi

I thought I would share a few little Word and Excel stocking stuffers with you! For instance, want a quick way to fill an entire column with a formula? Enter your formula in the first cell of the column. Select that cell. Not press Ctrl+Shift+the down arrow key. This will select the column all the way to the end. Press Ctrl+D and your formula will make its merry way down the column. Need to insert a row or column and just don’t feel like moving away from the keyboard? Press Ctrl+Shift+= and the Insert dialog box will appear. Want to add a page break without going through the rigmarole of going all the way up to the Insert menu? Ctrl+Enter will do the trick for you. You can quickly scroll through pages of a Word document by pressing Ctrl+Page Up or Ctrl+Page Down. This will take you directly to the top of the next or preceding page. Promptly remove tabs from a document someone sent you – or one you created but need to reformat – by selecting the entire document (Ctrl+A is a quick way). Double click the middle of your horizontal ruler and the Tabs dialog box will open. Click Clear All and you are all clear! Double click elsewhere on the ruler (you do not have to have the text selected) and you have yourself the Page Setup dialog. Finally, double click the small square button just above the scroll bar on the right and you have a split menu!

Want quick options for copying that picture in Excel?
    Applies to versions through 2003…
    The SHFT key (known as one of the booster keys) can change the behavior of some commands on the Menu Bar
    Here’s a trick for a quick Copy Picture command in Excel:
    Click on the graphic. Hold SHFT key and click on Edit on the Menu Bar. The Copy command now says Copy Picture… Release SHFT key and click the command to display a mini dialog box that lets you copy it as a picture or bitmap and as shown on screen or as it prints...
    Make desired selections. Click OK. Click on destination cell. Use desired method to Paste. (If you need more options than this, use the Edit | Paste Special instead.)
    More tricks with the SHFT key:
    Holding SHFT key when clicking on File in Menu Bar displays Close All command instead of just Close. This allows for closing multiple files but leaves the Excel program open. (In MS Word, both Save All and Close All commands display on the File Menu).
    Holding SHFT while clicking certain icons on the toolbar(s) will reverse a command, i.e., SHFT Open icon actually saves; SHFT Save actually opens; SHFT Print = Print Preview; SHFT Print Preview prints your spreadsheet. This can be handy if you are missing icons or just want to use a minimum of icons to accomplish normal tasks.
    One that works in all versions of Excel: Make a formula Absolute in the Address Bar. You may already know that pressing the F4 function key repeats your last action but the behavior changes if you are in the Address Bar in a cell with a formula. Click in a cell reference part of the formula (in the Address Bar) and press F4…Presto—instant Absolute $$! Press F4 three more times and cycle through making just the row$ or column$ Absolute, then back to Relative cell addressing.
    Thanks,

hi
    i am attaching more important shortcuts of excel download it and try