Thread: Microsoft Works V.8.5 Dates On Word Processor

Microsoft Works V.8.5 Dates On Word Processor

Hello and Happy New Year: I wrote a letter say six months ago on July 1, 2008 and saved it. Now today I wish to review what I wrote in that letter and I go to 'History' and find it and call it up. The date on the letter changes from the original date of July 1, 2008 to January 1, 2009, today's date. How can I prevent this from happening? Thank you, Thomas

Re: Microsoft Works V.8.5 Dates On Word Processor

Hi Thomas,

Fixing the Date
    When you insert a date into a Word document (using Insert | Date and Time...| and select a format) by default the date will update to the current date each time you open the document. If you'd like the date to be fixed, always appearing as the date when you first inserted the date in the document, uncheck the Update Automatically checkbox in the Insert | Date and Time... dialog box.

Hi,

I will provide you the Word Processing Basic Reference Guide which may provide you some basic information while using your Word processor.

Please follow the link:
    http://www.life.uiuc.edu/hughes/prai...ials/word.html

Tweaker: Thanks for the reply. I did as you said but I noticed the update on printing block was unchecked already. Now this is a MS Works word processor so I don't know if that function is different from the Word program. Thomas

Hello Thomas,

Great, have You find out the Word Processing Basic Reference Guide provided by the wllwnn was it helps you.
    I will also guide you for your solution till that just go through the Basic reference guide.

Regards.

I found that after you save the document with the date, open it right back up and delete existing date, then re-enter the same date and second date even though it is the same date, that date will hold the same upon reopening the document days later days later. In other words, deleting and re-entering the date seems to make the date permanent. There must be a more convenient way to make the date permanent. Yes, I read the document sent and it was helpful. Thank you, Thomas