Thread: Saving photo on PC

Saving photo on PC

Hello,
    Recently I gave a Digital Camera as a gift to my nephew which was bought from a local store and was reasonably good quality. He has installed all the software of the cam which is under Windows XP family. The Pc recognizes the cam well but when I go to save any photo it gives me some error message: go_twain.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. So I can not save the picture. Thank you in advance for any help

Re: Saving photo on PC

I do not know where the problem can come but the easiest way to transfer photos is to remove the memory card and through a USB memory card reader you can save the photo on your pc. And as for your problem, check any drivers on CD for your cam and reinstall it or update it to the latest and see if the problem persist.

How to Save Photos Onto a PC

1. Download your photos from your digital camera to your computer using your USB port. Every camera is slightly different, so check the instructions that came with your digital camera.
    2. Open the program you use to view pictures and click on the photo you want to save. Select "File" from the upper left corner of the window and choose the "Save As" function from your list of choices.
    3. Select where you want the photo to be stored on your computer. This could be a picture folder on your hard drive, or you could save it directly to your desktop. It's important to organize your files so you can remember where they are and locate them easily.
    4. Choose a file name so you can identify the photo. You can use the default, which is usually the number of the photo assigned to the file by your camera. Or, you can use the file name to describe the photo.
    5. Save the photo as a JPEG file. This file extension will usually be added automatically.

twain.exe seems to be a virus issue.

so follow the steps below

Try scans with these two programs in the following order:

Please download to your desktop Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.

Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
    If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
    Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
    The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
    When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
    Make sure that everything is checked