Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Ms Project - Help

Windows Software

Old 22-12-2008

Ms Project - Help

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I am having using MS Project. What I am trying to do is have 2 separate cost columns, (we are sharing cost with a seperate party and would like to be able to track the amount each party is contributing) where both cost columns add up at the top, and also for each task combine into a total cost column. As of now, I seem to be unable to get both cost columns to add up in the third column, and my second cost column is not showing a total value at the top, as the other one is. I hope someone can help, because I sure am stumped!

Old 23-12-2008

Re: Ms Project - Help

Can you provide us some code of your project and a screenshot of it? It will help me to understand your problem in a much better way.
Old 23-12-2008

Which Version Of Msproject You are using ? Because different version have different functionality. ?
Old 23-12-2008

Visit http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm for the FAQs and additional
information about Microsoft Project

I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along.
Old 23-12-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effren View Post
Which Version Of Msproject You are using ? Because different version have different functionality. ?

i'm using the 2007 version.
Old 24-12-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashok.M View Post
Can you provide us some code of your project and a screenshot of it? It will help me to understand your problem in a much better way.

I wish I could, but the material is sensitive.

I have decided that all my fooling around trying to fix this problem has probably ruined any chance of doing it with my original project. I have taken the basic information in this contained in the original and started fresh.

Basically what I need is 2 separate cost columns that will add up in the total cost column. When I started the new project file, I am by default given only one fixed cost column, which when amounts are entered in it, they add up in the total cost column. I have tried most of the options granted by the various cost columns but none of them seem to work. I tried adding a second fixed cost column, but when i did this, it just contained and continued to contain the same info that was in the first, even when i tried to change it after I created the second.

I will keep trying different variations on the cost columns available. I tend to think there must be a way, maybe using one of the cost columns available, but adding some sort of trick to get it to work.

Thanks for all of your help so far!
Old 26-12-2008

I figured it out!

i just fiddled around with the options on the cost1 cost 2 and cost 3 columns and got them all to add up at the top and cost 3 to be cost 1 and cost 2 combined. wonderful. if anyone ever needs help doing this, i'm your girl!!
Old 26-12-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondubs View Post
I figured it out!

i just fiddled around with the options on the cost1 cost 2 and cost 3 columns and got them all to add up at the top and cost 3 to be cost 1 and cost 2 combined. wonderful. if anyone ever needs help doing this,
Glad that you solved your querrie. Do visit us again and have a good time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondubs View Post
i'm your girl!!
Wonder, cause I am single and ready to mingle.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: