Thread: How to prevent a program from start

How to prevent a program from start

This is my problem,, When i start my pc i cant click on any program (browser, my computer etc) for five minutes because some programs Start Automatically and they take lot of time to do that and when they come in windows it take time to get them close then my pc hangs for few minutes ,, this all things take at lest 20min of my time and i want know how to prevent a program to Start Automatically from start ? so i can get on my work from start .

Thank you .

Re: How to prevent a program from start

Many Windows-based programs are designed to start automatically from the StartUp folder (the Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp folder) when you start your computer. Under some conditions, it may be useful to prevent programs from starting automatically. For example you may want to prevent programs from starting automatically for troubleshooting purposes. This article describes how to prevent programs from starting automatically from the StartUp folder.

1. Click Start, point to Programs, and then click MS-DOS Prompt.
    2. At the command prompt, type the following commands, pressing ENTER after each command:
    • cd \
    • md startupfolderbackup
    • cd windows
    • cd "start menu"
    • cd programs
    • cd startup
    • dir /w

3. Note the names of the files in the StartUp folder for later reference.
    4. At the command prompt, type the following commands, pressing ENTER after each command:
    • copy *.* c:\startupfolderbackup
    • cd c:\startupfolderbackup
    • dir/w

5. Verify that the Startupfolderbackup folder now contains the files you noted in step 3. If the files were successfully copied from the StartUp folder to the Startupfolderbackup folder, continue to the next step. If not, repeat the previous steps until the files are successfully copied, and then continue to the next step.
    6. WARNING: This step deletes the contents of the StartUp folder. Do not perform this step unless you followed the previous steps to create copies of the items from the StartUp folder in the Startupfolderbackup folder.

At the command prompt, type the following commands, pressing ENTER after each command:
    • cd \
    • cd windows
    • cd "start menu"
    • cd programs
    • cd startup
    • del *.*

After you follow these steps, no programs are started from the StartUp folder automatically when you restart your computer.

run: Start / Run / type MSCONFIG / tab "Start". It only remains to uncheck the program to activate or deactivate when you start windows.