Thread: spool32.exe

spool32.exe

Hello
    The spool32.exe is continuously running in task manager. As I end this it starts running again. can anybody give me more info about this process?

Re: spool32.exe

The process spool32.exe (meaning SPOOL32 Windows Spooler 32-bit) is a generic Windows NT/2000/XP used to transparently manage the print queue.

The process SPOOL32 is not a live virus, worm, trojan horse, spyware, or a AdWare.

Quote Originally Posted by chroma View Post
    The process spool32.exe (meaning SPOOL32 Windows Spooler 32-bit) is a generic Windows NT/2000/XP used to transparently manage the print queue.

The process SPOOL32 is not a live virus, worm, trojan horse, spyware, or a AdWare.
    Ya it can be but spool32.exe known as Yab.A Trojan spool32, has the following information and may help up understand this process better.

spool32.exe - Here is the scoop on Yab.A Trojan as it pertains to computer network security. The big question: what is spool32.exe and is it spyware, a trojan and if so, how do I get rid of Yab.A Trojan?

spool32.exe (Yab.A Trojan) - Details

If a process named spool32.exe is running on your computer, you may have been infected with a strain of the Yab.A trojan.

spool32.exe is considered to be a security risk, not only because antivirus programs flag Yab.A Trojan as a trojan, but also because other sites consider it a Trojan as well.

Yab.A Trojan is likely a Trojan and as such, presents a serious vulnerability which should be fixed immediately! Delaying the removal of spool32.exe may cause serious harm to your system and will likely cause a number of problems, loss of data, loss of control or leaking private information.

File spool32.exe is located in the folder C:\Windows\System32. Known file sizes on Windows XP are 403649 bytes (50% of all occurrence), 413696 bytes.
    There is no file information. The program is not visible. The file is an unknown file in the Windows folder. The program starts when Windows starts (see Registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run, HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices). The file is not a Windows system file. The process uses ports to connect to LAN or Internet. spool32.exe is able to record inputs, monitor applications, hide itself. Therefore the technical security rating is 98% dangerous, however also read the users reviews. Better is Download some spyware removal program and scan your system.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebersek View Post
    Hello
    The spool32.exe is continuously running in task manager. As I end this it starts running again. can anybody give me more info about this process?
    spool32.exe is a part of the Microsoft Windows Operating System which deals with the spooling of Microsoft Windows print jobs. This process is only executed when this method is selected in the printers configuration properties. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated. strongly recommend that you run a FREE registry scan to identify spool32.exe related errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebersek View Post
    Hello
    How to Troubleshoot Spool32 Error Messages See this guide if you facing any problem regarding to spool32.exe