Thread: Scanning with terminal services

unsure Scanning with terminal services

I have an issue, well a couple of them ...lol... Anyways, my company is running sbs 2003 with (citrix) terminal services. We have mostly brother MFC printers on the desks ( as well as a sharp multi center that is not fully up yet) The printers are all being shared , but i cannot seem to get the scanning driver to install or scan on remote desktop ( terminal ). Do i need third party software or is this possible some other way or am i just missing something?

please help.

Tweek

Re: Scanning with terminal services

Hi,

If your drivers are installed properly then there is no need to install the Third party software.

please check whether your printers are avible on the sharing network,and as per my knowledge, I will also suggest not to go for Third party software because you will have to do the same thing that what we do for installing the same driver.

Thanks

hmmmm...well, i have installed the drivers in every way possible..lol.. the printers show up on the network so i can share them ....but the scanner portion under scanners and cameras does not show up like as if you were to install the machine straight to the computer. Then it shows up in the scanners and cameras section of explorer? but not the network? this is where i get lost in the microsfot time warp.............
    Last edited by TWEEK#1; 28-11-2008 at 08:54 PM.

VirtualScan Guest

TWAIN redirection although a good solution is not always the solution for scanning. You may want to try VirtualScan a virtual driver that sits on the user home directory and translates all the twain functionality of the local client to the server. Our application allows you to scan directly into any application on Citrix and Terminal Servers.
    Last edited by Maqbool; 10-02-2010 at 06:38 AM. Reason: External links removed.