Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 20-11-2008

Extracting Clips from the DVD movies.

Can anyone tell me is there any software to extract video clips from DVD movies?

I have number of DVD movies available and the problem is limited storage,so I was thinking about such software which extract only some clips from the DVD movies and store only that much.That will help me in saving storage for some other purpose.
Hope you guys understand my problem.

Please help.
Old 20-11-2008

Re: Extracting Clips from the DVD movies.

First we look up DVD RIPPING and learn how to do that. Mind you we must obey copyrights and all that so this is all I'll note here.

Next the clipping is done with your choice of video editing. What I use is Virtual Dub but I offer no tutorial on its use. Some ask why I don't and it's simply because I would be duplicating web content.

In short you rip the DVD. I then can clip with virtual dub the pieces I wanted. Next I can build my compilation video by opening the first piece in virtual dub and adding the others.

This is not an offer to teach the above but to give a starting direction. Be sure to set aside about 10 hours or more time for each hour of video you want to make.
Old 22-11-2008
cathkun

idea Re: Extracting Clips from the DVD movies.

what i use now is dvdxsoft dvd ripper. it enables you to rip any part of a chapter or title of your dvd movie. you can find the free trial version at http://www.ripdvd.us/dvdXsoft-DVD-Ripper.htm
Old 09-02-2009

DVDShrink

DVD Shrink is software to backup DVD disks. You can use this software in conjunction with DVD burning software of your choice, to make a backup copy of any DVD video disk. DVD Shrink does not burn DVDs! The output from DVD Shrink is saved as files on your hard drive, which you can then burn to a DVD-R using separate burning software, such as the software provided with your DVD-R drive.
Old 01-03-2010

you can have dvd cutter . it will really be helpful 2 u.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,