Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 17-11-2008

Windows update - Since then computer can not boot

Hello,

Yesterday I had an automatic update of XP SP3. Once the computer restarts it works correctly for a minute then the famous BOD (Blue screen of Death).

Since even impossible to restart in Safe Mode. The computer complains driver missing or corrupt.
(isapnp.sys) and if I try to start in safe mode with network he complains Driver Pci.sys.

So I try to boot from the Windows CD but it did pre-plant filled copy the setup file ... And of course I have no floppy drive.

Have an idea for you help me?

I wonder if the problem can not have been caused by a hardware failure how can I check if Windows does not smith?

Thank you in advance
Old 17-11-2008

Re: Windows update - Since the computer can not boot

as you checked in your BIOS if you see the name of your hard drive ?
are you on the status of your installation CD ?
Old 17-11-2008

Yes, I check bios. I even change the order of priority of boot smith on the CD.
The CD is new, the only problem I suspect that with this album is that I've had a computer with HP and that is that I fix a system that I assembled myself. But it is old and I have the original CD (XP SP1).

I plugged my 2 hard disk on a laptop using an adapter USD and I can read every 2.

And for those who did not know it, I urge to buy a USB adapter (USD 2.0 mate drive). So if your computer has a big problem but your drive is Disk
AC OK, you can backup everything.

I will copy the installation windows my other computer on the hard disk and try to start again.
I fingers crossed!
Old 17-11-2008

You can always borrow a Windows CD to your knowledge and install it with your license ... If it works it is your CD that is dead .
Old 17-11-2008

thank you for your suggestion.
In fact it was one of my memory card that made the soul.
I retiree and I enjoy my hD to reformat and reinstall XP. It was ~ 3 years than I did.
So I replace my old DDR266 memory (sic) by more recent DRR400 and this will become a good computer !

Thank you all for your help!

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software