Thread: Vista and Flight Sim X

Vista and Flight Sim X

After installing Vista update on 12th Nov 08 MS Flight Simulator X deluxe stopped working with the message "The MSXML4 SP2 component is not installed. Please reinstall Flight Simulator to restore or repair the missing component"
    I uninstalled Flight Sim X and re installed it .... no change still the same. I then checked to find that the Vista update KB954430 contained guess what?!! MSXML4 SP2 security update marked as important!! "Well done Microsoft "
    Another small program need for Microsoft Flight Simulator X is called FSUIPC4. When I tried to install this I received a message " Problem. Cannot edit the DLL.XMLfile to activate FSUIPC. Please check the documentation and do this manually"

Hope someone can help ! I cant be the only one with this problem
    Cheers Nudge

Re: Vista and Flight Sim X

Run REGEDIT (you'll probably have to run it "as administrator" on Vista) and search for the following path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinTrust\Trust Providers\Software Publishing

Then change the value from 0x63c00 (or whatever it has become) to 0x23c00, which I believe is its default (working) value.

Regards

Thanks for that, but I've just checked and the value was already 0x23c00

Thanks for that but I've already read them. This whole MSXML4 thing is driving me mad ! I have messaged Microsoft but I'm not holding out much hope there!
    I shall certainly take more notice when I receive Vista updates in the future!

Re: Vista and Flight Sim X MSXLM4 SP2 Update November 2008

I am absoulty fuming with Microsoft and their lack of response to the problem with the MSXML4 SP2 Vista update on November 11th 2008. This issue I have posted in many forums with little success, this whole issue is breaching my statutory rights with regard to the sale of goods act in the UK. Microsoft SELL their Vista Operating system and also Flight Simulator X Deluxe, but when I recieved their Vista automatic update as per their recomendation, BANG ! their own software stops working ( Flight Simulator X Deluxe).
    Another route to a resolution is through Visa Credit Card by which the computer was purchased, using the Consumer Credit Act, where my purchase contract is with Visa and not Microsoft or any retail out let, will ensure that I WILL BE REFUNDED in full ! However I hope it will not come to this. This issue of the MSXLM4 SP2 Vista update is no stranger to Microsoft and has been around since early 2006, so why then has it not been resolve? Microsofts Flight Simulator x Deluxe has its own website where it proudly displays a SUPPORT page.......! But when you click it and read through it the is no mention of MSXLM4..... strange that for something thats been around for quite a while gets no mention !!!

WELL DONE MICROSOFT you found another satisfied customer.... NOT !!!

But wait ..... another day and yet more fuel on the fire... Tried to start and email support ticket today so I went to the relavent Microsoft page and followed the clicks to Vista and entered the Product code ! ..... " Sorry Your Pc came with the Windows Vista pre-installed please see Manufacturer" so I phoned Toshiba.... " Sorry as the problem was caused by a Windows Vista update, we are un able to help Unless you would like a factory re-set" Ok I thought do the same for Flight Simulator when I get to the point to Enter The Product Code its nowhere to be found so I click on the where is the product code..... " Open the prgram and click Help, where you find the Product Code " IF I COULD OPEN THE F**KING PROGRAM I WOULD NOT BE PUTTING MYSELF THROUGH ALL CRAP IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!
    Microsoft What Are You Doing !