Thread: IE9 installer hangs on downloading required updates

IE9 installer hangs on downloading required updates

Hi all, I am trying to install the Internet Explorer 9 with IE9 installer on my computer. The problem is that whenever I try to do that, it gets hanged at some place many of the time and it right under the 'q' in required. I have Windows Vista 32bit installed on my computer with plenty RAM and diskspace. I am using the Firefox for the time till I get this issue gone. Please tell me the reason for this hanging problem and how can I solve this. I tried to install it many times but getting the same error all the time.

Re: IE9 installer hangs on downloading required updates

I also have the same problem with the clean install of Vista Ultimate 32-bit. During installation it shows Stopped right under the 'q'. I searched for this on internet and figured out that it might be the whole User Account Control thing. I want to ask you that do you have this disabled. You have to Turn UAC back on in your Security Center and after that reboot the system. Once you are done with this then you can again try to install it. I can say that it will work because I have tried this on my own and found that it is working. Go can also give a try to it.

Hi, when I read your post I guess that you are using a web installer and it has problem in downloading all the installer and therefore it is showing you such error while installing. I think you have to install Internet Explorer 9 by using full installer. If you want to use the full installer to download the Internet Explorer 9 then you can get this on following link:

windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/download/ie-9/worldwide

Internet Explorer 9 has some operating system requirements that your system must have if you want to use Internet Explorer 9. Here is the list of operating system configuration that you should have to install the IE9 successfully.
    • Windows Vista (x86 and x64) with Service Pack 2 (SP 2) or later versions
    • Windows 7 (x86 and x64) or later versions
    • Windows Server 2008 (x86 and x64) with Service Pack 2 (SP 2) or later versions
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 or later versions

If you have downloaded the updates from internet properly and getting the problem in installation of the updates then I think the problem may be with me method of installation that you are following. It has to be in proper way. You have to install it one by one and after installing one update, restart the computer and install the second update. Make sure that the computer is getting restarted and not the pending. If you found that the updates are installed but the system restart is not occurred yet then you have to restart the computer before trying to install the Internet Explorer 9. This is the best way to do that. I did it in the same way and it gets installed properly without any problem. I am not getting any problem till now. You should also do that if you want to install that properly. Thank you.

There may be problem with the IE9 installer that you are using. It may have got corrupted and if that is the case then you should download a new installer from internet and use that to install the internet explorer 9 in your computer. That was the problem in my case when I was facing the same problem. I simply deleted the IE9 installer that I was using earlier and was getting the problem. After that I downloaded the fresh installer from internet and when I tried to do that with the downloaded installer then I found that it get installed easily. You should also try this and I hope that it will work n your case and also the people who are searching for this answer on this forum.