Thread: SP2 or SP3

Exclamation SP2 or SP3

Hello everybody ! I am putting you a very serious question. I am using Windows XP Service Pack 2 since 2002 and I haven't had any problems until now. I am downloading new updates and hotfixes every day. I am working in computers industry : I am a Web Designer, SEO Consultant and System Engineer. I've consulted some of my partners and they advised me to stay like that and to not upgrade to SP3 because it has a lot of bugs and disadvantages. If I'm looking at the Microsoft Website, I'm seeing the opposite : SP3 has a lot of bugfixes and it is more reliable than SP2!

I'm not upgrading to Windows Vista no way because it uses a lot of RAM and other system resources and it has a very difficult interface to manage and many incompatibilities with programs and drivers.

However, most of the people think that SP2 is very old-fashioned.

Sorry if I did grammar mistakes. I'm romanian

Tell me what to do ! Thanks!

Re: SP2 or SP3

Well, I would say to run latest softwares or games you will need SP3. The updates can also be done by keeping on the Automatic Updates.

Even I will suggest you to get SP3. Because it fixes a lot of bugs. And since you are a Web Designer, you may not want any bugs on your system. Even some applications and software may not support SP2.

SP2 or SP3

Ya i am using SP3 and its really works cool its supports all of the latest softwares and you said you are a web designer so you should go for it. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by einstein_007 View Post
    Well, I would say to run latest softwares or games you will need SP3. The updates can also be done by keeping on the Automatic Updates.

Download and install SP3 for Windows XP. It includes various security improvements . Download Windows XP Service Pack 3