Thread: microsoft hotmail password

sad microsoft hotmail password

I had my hotmail address on my computer so that when I logged in my password was saved so I could go right to my e mail. My computer crashed and I had to reload it. Lost my e mail of course. tried to put it back in but couldn't remember my password only user name.Tried to get help from MSN to retrieve (change) my password. Help would not steer me back to hotmail, only to their new mail called live. I know I have many messages that might be important but cannot open my mail without password. MSN (automated) says they will send instructions on how to change my password to my e mail. Duh, how can I open my e mail without passwrd. Can anyone help me?

Re: microsoft hotmail password

hi margieblu, it is impossible to access email account without password. but there is a small tab which asks 'forgot yr password'?you click on it ,answer the hint question & you can then change your password and will be able open your email account.

Check out this tips on How to retrieve Hotmail or MSN Passwords: Hotmail or MSN Lost Password

There are many free tools for recovering passwords from Hotmail, link here

microsoft hotmail password

• On any Windows Live ID site or service sign-in page, click Forgot your password.

• Enter your Windows Live ID (The e-mail address and password that you use to sign in to Windows Live programs and services such as Windows Live Hotmail and Windows Live Messenger; Microsoft services such as Xbox, MSN, and Office Live; and anywhere else that you see the Windows Live ID logo.) , type the characters you see in the Picture box, and then click Continue.

• Select Send password reset instructions to me in e-mail.

• In the list, select the e-mail address where you want the password reset e-mail to be sent, and then click Continue.

• On the confirmation page, click OK.

• When you receive the password reset e-mail, click the link in the e-mail to reset your password, and then follow the online instructions.

• To reset your password by providing location information and the answer to your secret question:

• Click Use my location information and secret answer to verify my identity.

• In the Country/Region list, select the name of your country or region , select your state, and then type your ZIP code or postal code if you’re prompted to do so. In the Question area in the Secret Answer box, type your answer to the question.Click Continue.
    • Enter and confirm a new password, and then click Continue.

• If prompted, enter an alternate e-mail address (An alternate e-mail address is a secondary e-mail address registered with your Windows Live ID credentials.

• In the event that you forget your password, you can request to have the password reset information sent to your alternate e-mail address.) and click Continue, or click Skip to bypass this step.

• On the You've changed your password page, click Sign in to Windows Live.
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (3.6GHz, 1.44v) with TR Ultra 120E,
    Gigabyte GA-EX38-DQ6 v1.1, 4GB G.Skill PI 1066 5-5-5-15 2.1v ,
    Powercolor ATI HD4870X2 2GB, 4x SATA2 500GB Samsung HDD RAID 10,
    Creative X-Fi, Dell 2408WFP A01 24" LCD,
    Acer P221w 22" LCD,
    Corsair HX-1000 Watt PSU,
    Vista 64-bit.

I have tried this. I put my e mail address, margieblu@hotmail.com request password reset instructions for hotmail be sent to my other mail address,
    margieblu@live.com. I get instructions on how to change my live password but not hotmail as if there is no such thing. I want to access my hotmail account, not live account, but instructions act like there is no such thing as hotmail anymore. Not true. My husband has both. A hotmail account and a live account. He can access either one.

To recover your Hotmail password, go to MSN Reset Password page. However to use the MSN Password Reset page, you should know four things:

• E-mail address
    • Country/Region
    • State
    • Zip Code
    • And finally it will ask you to answer a secret question.

Note: In email address, you should provide hotmail's address and not live's address.