Thread: Small problem with Excel 2007 for Database

Small problem with Excel 2007 for Database

Hello to you!

Being basically a beginner with Excel ... and at least in the field of databases, I need help to achieve a small personal project. nothing very complicated to me.

Let me explain why people were for this achievement.
    I wanted to make a small database through which a small product form Add, Edit number of articles it uses (type -1) and of course .. increase in the number when she made her groceries. I find on the net examples but I always finish by blocking a time ...

In Excel 2007 I start up with the said database. I put the category name and I even apply an effect on the 1st cell to indicate that from a number it must be the order of the article. Example ... If we have 5 apples, once it falls to 2 indicates the cell (Order) if it indicates non-OK, for this part is ok ... my problem is created when this damn form to add and modify + and - the number of units of the article wanted. I just do not give you visual because I'm at work but .. if you can help me make a small form whatsoever then make this out. A big THANKS for the help.

Re: Small problem with Excel 2007 for Database

I don't do Database queries so I don't know if this will help. I stole it without permission from:

http://www.access-freak.com/tutorials.html

"However, keep in mind that it is not possible to link to tables housed in the new ACCDB file format from within a MDB file."

Do you know if your troubles are specific to your machine or if it's a wide spread issue?

If it's a widespread issue, how could the teacher possibly dock you for not being able to do something that can't be done?

If it's specific to your machine, then I guess you'll have to bite the bullet and find another machine running 2007 and do your work there.

Re: Small problem with Excel 2007 for Database

Check this Step by Step method on How to Create Excel Database: http://spreadsheets.about.com/od/dat...l_database.htm