Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to transfer mails from Windows Mail to Thunderbird on Vista

Windows Software

Old 31-10-2008

How to transfer mails from Windows Mail to Thunderbird on Vista

Recently I had switched to Thunderbird from Windows Mail. I have Windows Vista Home Premium installed on my system. As I am new user of Thunderbird, I have no idea about how to import mails from Windows Mail to Thunderbird.

Can someone help me to transfer the mails and accounts to my new mail client?

Old 31-10-2008

Re: How to transfer mails from Windows Mail to Thunderbird on Vista

Windows mail stores the messages as .EML files. You can use the ImportExportTools extension to import .EML files. It lets you select multiple .EML files at the same time.

Download the ImportExportTools extension by right clicking on the link and choosing Save target as. Now on Thunderbird, go to Tools -> Add-ons (or Extensions) and click Install. Pick the xpi file you downloaded and follow the instructions. Restart Thunderbird.
Old 02-09-2011
bsoft

I would suggest you to convert Windows Vista Mail to Thunderbird bu using the emails converter tool -

Windows Vista Mail to Thunderbird

This tool will definitely a helpful solution. I used this software a week ago and suceeded to convert all emails, attachmenst, dates, header information exactly.
Old 11-11-2011

Hey just figured out any easy way with Thunderbird 7.

Open Thunderbird so that it is on the taskbar.

Navigate to your email archive if you have one. Mine was backed up before recent clean install of windows 7.

CTRL+A to select all (or just select the ones you want).

Drag them to the taskbar and hover over Thunderbird.

When it opens continue dragging the .eml files to your inbox folder.

DONE!

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,